IGNORED

How much is Diedhiou worth now?

reddogkev

17 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

A 1 in 2 striker, for me, means 23 goals per season or 20 if missing the first six games.

He won't be anywhere near that imo.

But as I said, in todays inflated and over hyped market, if he can maintain 1 in 2 this season, he'll be worth 10m - can't see it myself.

A goal every 207 minutes in the league is pretty decent.  This season the top scorers are doing better but over the past 5-10 seasons very few each season hit 20+ league goals  

HHe could end up getting 15+ goals this season. That's enough to warrant a bid of several million surely?

His style won't suit every team however, so you're less likely to get big bids like you would for a Kodjia style striker.

He's worth more to us than he would be anyone else. Because he suits our current style perfectly.

Whenever I see him at home games I struggle to see how we payed a fiver for him, let alone 5 mil. Yet, away from home he looks like a better player. His record of goals scored vs games played is quite good so I read and based on this he would be worth more than when we bought him

If he hits form and gets 20 this season then 10 - 15 mil easy.

40 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think we would get a good price for him if we sell.

Would a relative inconsistency to date count against this though? Sometimes the ball bounces off him- other times he protects it, takes it down really well. He can also score some great goals but he can also miss some sitters- his 30 yarder at Derby was unlucky in that it hit the woodwork- but his miss v Bolton last home game was not great.

He can be a right handful for defences- or he can be not up for it so much as, or as it seemed v Millwall at home. Chalk and cheese at times.

That said, £5m+ I'd say.

Hence why he plays for us and not in the Prem, still doesn't deserve the grief he attracts from some of our own fans though (I swear some people think we should have a striker than can control a ball like Messi).

Love the fact how he scored on Saturday and went to run to the fans but then turned and went straight to Weimann after putting it on a plate - proper team player.

18 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Well, having seen him play numerous games for us a realistic valuation at this time would be around 2.5m imo.

But, given the ridiculously over estimated valuations of players in the championship, I would think he would probably be worth around 5m. Meaning he aint going anywhere anytime soon.

Of course, if he hits 20+ goals, 10m and bite off the arm of anyone offering it. But I can't see that happening.

2.5 million??? You’re having a laugh aren’t u? 

17 hours ago, wood_red said:

2.5M - jeez, I know everyone is entitles to an opinion and we all see things differently, but what striker would you get in the Championship for £2.5M who has Fammys record?

None!!!

if we get to the play offs or top two even (yes we are close to the mix there too) his value will sore. Particularly if a goal every other game continues. 

Someone is going to get a right d1cking soon. We can not keep missing chances like we do. Hopefully Kasey mind ya wives Palmer and Andreas can get him a few more tap ins!

49 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

None!!!

if we get to the play offs or top two even (yes we are close to the mix there too) his value will sore. Particularly if a goal every other game continues. 

Someone is going to get a right d1cking soon. We can not keep missing chances like we do. Hopefully Kasey mind ya wives Palmer and Andreas can get him a few more tap ins!

It certainly would, if we let him go this window without a suitable replacement.

For all the stick Fam gets on here his current form is worth a look, Sky’s power rankings have him higher than Abraham. If he can find some consistency he’ll be worth a fortune! 

When you take into account he started the season 6 weeks later than everyone else in the league, so his pre season fitness would’ve been completely shot, he’s now starting to find a bit of form. He may go and prove me wrong and not pick up another goal all season but I’m certainly happy with the direction he’s going. 

8CD24805-07C3-4DC6-8005-DA4FD53F2A85.png

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well it’s not is it? It’s around 1 in 3...

Well it's not it is around 1 in 2.....

Total minutes played (league) is 3977, total goals is 21 - so average per goal is 189 minutes. 

Archived