IGNORED

Palmer

daored

12 hours ago, downendcity said:

Agree that we played much more expansive football, much of which was good to watch.

However, particularly in the second half, we were inclined to  go a bit "gung ho" and became much more open, losing the defensive solidity we showed during the first half  and that has been a mainstay of our current run. Against better teams than Bolton we would be punished much more heavily, although I suspect that LJ will demand a more disciplined approach for upcoming league games.

Good point this- very open game, especially 2nd half.

Which don't get me wrong added to it as a spectacle no doubt- I enjoyed it, but better sides could have picked us off a bit- that said we created quite a lot. Palmer's free kick against the post, other near misses- we were worthy winners but it was more open than I thought it would be. Not solely down to our approach either, Bolton seemed braver than 2 weeks ago albeit rather dirty.

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Good point this- very open game, especially 2nd half.

Which don't get me wrong added to it as a spectacle no doubt- I enjoyed it, but better sides could have picked us off a bit- that said we created quite a lot. Palmer's free kick against the post, other near misses- we were worthy winners but it was more open than I thought it would be. Not solely down to our approach either, Bolton seemed braver than 2 weeks ago albeit rather dirty.

I suspect neither team wanted a reply Mr P for differing reasons.

Although for Bolton financially it may have had some attractions given their current predicament in that area.

6 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I suspect neither team wanted a reply Mr P for differing reasons

Exactly this. Nobody wanted a drawn game. Hence us starting with two wingers and Bolton abandoning their customary ‘park the bus’ approach. We were so attacking at times first half it bordered on the reckless, which is partly why we conceded a goal to a defender who normally gets a nose bleed if he crosses the half way line. You got the distinct impression that the likes of Palmer, O’Dowda and Eliasson had been given license to go for it. Great fun to watch, but you won’t be seeing that against Swansea.

Archived