IGNORED

Lee Johnson's Cup Record

Kid in the Riot

6 hours ago, Tangle Foot said:

And humour is certainly not yours Harry, judging by your post.

COYR.

Ok. I’ll try again. Do you actually seriously think that my post was serious? 

I acknowledge that it might not be that humorous, but you actually think it’s serious? 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Ok. I’ll try again. Do you actually seriously think that my post was serious? 

I acknowledge that it might not be that humorous, but you actually think it’s serious? 

I honestly did!

I’ve read so many ‘LJ out” comments in posts, from people who simply was rid of him, regardless of how well we’re performing, just waiting for the next run of bad results.

It sounds like I misjudged the sentiment of your post, so accept that you were not being serious.

No offence meant.

COYR.

14 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Just as a reminder, the gate receipts are a small part of what a cup run can do financially.

Third Round Proper winners(32)£135,000

Fourth Round Proper winners(16)£180,000

Fifth Round Proper winners(8)£360,000

Quarter-Final winners(4)£720,000

Semi-Final winners(2)

£1,800,000

Semi-Final losers(2)

£900,000

Final runners-up(1)

£1,800,000

Final winners(1)£3,600,000

On top of that there is presumably tv revenue etc, 13k in the stadium pales in significance.

In addition, there is also a further £250K for the EFL team that progresses furthest (split in the event there is more than one).

7 hours ago, Tangle Foot said:

I honestly did!

I’ve read so many ‘LJ out” comments in posts, from people who simply was rid of him, regardless of how well we’re performing, just waiting for the next run of bad results.

It sounds like I misjudged the sentiment of your post, so accept that you were not being serious.

No offence meant.

COYR.

No problem squire. All good in the hood. 

20 hours ago, weepywall said:

Interesting,not to be sniffed at those figures, do you know what 1st round proper losers get ?

In the immortal words of Jim Bowen, " their bus fare home"!

On 25/01/2019 at 23:44, Bristol Rob said:

The 'magic' of the cup is but a distant memory, I had no interest in going this evening (glad I did, mind).

The fact that we are now in the 5th round, but our 4th round game drew a tiny support would suggest that with the amount of games we (as fans in general) are subjected to, has reached saturation point.

Time for the FA to abandon the League Cup, maybe?

My pitch would be to have the league cup for all league sides, except those playing in Europe. Then if the winner still gets a place in Europe, it means you'll more likely get the teams outside the big ones getting a crack (and the extra income) from some Europa League action.

Archived