IGNORED

Will It Happen Again?

Negan

21 hours ago, Negan said:

Unbeaten in the league and playing well, another little cup run coming along and things are looking good, we look as though we can challenge for promotion this season! 

The statement above is true, for both January 2019 and the beginning of January 2018. Now whilst I'm enjoying how things are going at the moment and I'm confident we can challenge for promotion this season, I genuinely thought that same this time last year but as we know the wheels well and truly fell off. Now I'm not trying to bring negativity to what is a very happy and positive board at the moment, but I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking a real bad run which see's us drop is only around the corner? 

It's been the summary of Lee Johnsons managerial career with us, we're either soaring on cloud nine or down in the dumps. History tells us, well screams at us, that we'll fade away and struggle to get any momentum for a promotion push and whilst I don't think it will happen this season I wouldn't bet against it. It's quite common now to see fans on social media from other clubs calling us bottle jobs...

So do you think we'll continue the good form and sneak a play off spot or we'll inevitably drop like a stone like we have throughout LJ tenure? I think for the first time since he's been here Lee has a defence he can count on, Kalas being critical to it and whilst we aren't scoring for fun the goals haven't dried up and someone always pops up to put the ball in the net eventually, so with that being said I'm going to stick my neck out and say we wont falter and we WILL finish in the play offs or give it a bloody good go... 

My concern is the same concern that I had in December 2017. I said it then ...and I'll say it again. I think at present (like then).. we are playing at our maximum, however I think other clubs in and around us have other gears they will shift into as the season moves on. No doubt the bigger clubs in and around us will strengthen with real quality, and it could end up leaving us behind 

Would be nice, but unless some clubs really start to lose momentum...we won't make top 6

My prediction now.... is roughly where we finished last season 

19 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I am not even sure he needs to be goal scoring. My biggest worry is Fam getting injured and then we do not have that platform to play off of. Not a huge fan but someone like Clarke at worst would help this side if by only giving Fam the chance to have 20 minutes rest near the end of matches. Mind you I hope we can bring in better!

100 times ^^^ this.

5 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

My concern is the same concern that I had in December 2017. I said it then ...and I'll say it again. I think at present (like then).. we are playing at our maximum, however I think other clubs in and around us have other gears they will shift into as the season moves on. No doubt the bigger clubs in and around us will strengthen with real quality, and it could end up leaving us behind 

Would be nice, but unless some clubs really start to lose momentum...we won't make top 6

My prediction now.... is roughly where we finished last season 

Understand the sentiment but I think we are actually much stronger this season in many areas.

What we truly lack is cover for Fam and I would be happy if we pushed boat out on that one in the form of a loan.

Elsewhere we have a good degree of depth especially at the back and if you don’t lose many goals you don’t lose many games.

The perfect scenario is to stay well in touch for the next 4-6 games and keep our profile as low as possible , apart from our owners recent comments, we have actually been doing that.

As for the cup let’s see what the draw brings tomorrow night but what we don’t need is a glamour tie when the media wheel starts spinning again.

As LJ said post game Friday lowest ranked team please.

On 26/01/2019 at 11:51, Negan said:

Unbeaten in the league and playing well, another little cup run coming along and things are looking good, we look as though we can challenge for promotion this season! 

The statement above is true, for both January 2019 and the beginning of January 2018. Now whilst I'm enjoying how things are going at the moment and I'm confident we can challenge for promotion this season, I genuinely thought that same this time last year but as we know the wheels well and truly fell off. Now I'm not trying to bring negativity to what is a very happy and positive board at the moment, but I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking a real bad run which see's us drop is only around the corner? 

It's been the summary of Lee Johnsons managerial career with us, we're either soaring on cloud nine or down in the dumps. History tells us, well screams at us, that we'll fade away and struggle to get any momentum for a promotion push and whilst I don't think it will happen this season I wouldn't bet against it. It's quite common now to see fans on social media from other clubs calling us bottle jobs...

So do you think we'll continue the good form and sneak a play off spot or we'll inevitably drop like a stone like we have throughout LJ tenure? I think for the first time since he's been here Lee has a defence he can count on, Kalas being critical to it and whilst we aren't scoring for fun the goals haven't dried up and someone always pops up to put the ball in the net eventually, so with that being said I'm going to stick my neck out and say we wont falter and we WILL finish in the play offs or give it a bloody good go... 

Bottle jobs?? Hardly as we've probably over achieved with the squad we've had and we've not been made promotion favourites, however this season we have depth so a big difference and playing a totally different game to last year and not being so wide open. He's doing a decent job and when we do have a defeat which all teams do it's how we bounch back will see where we really are but until them who cares what other teams / fans are saying. Not 1 team that will want to play us at the moment that's for sure including anyone will pull out the hat Monday night.... 

Archived