IGNORED

When your goalkeeper is not concentrating

BobBobSuperBob

21 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yet Maenpaa did

Hence why I said imagine, we all know what Niki did, but I believe hes a better keeper for it, FF as much as I like him scares the death out of me, my opinion is a keeper should command HIS area, not just the 6 yard area. A keeper has to have presence FF is too small.

Im 6ft and was told I was too short to be a keeper, I coukd kill the bastard who told me that as I have NO doubt Id have made it as a pro, so I went and played in CM at a pro club at youth level. My finest hour was playing in goal when our keeper got stretchered off, 10 years later I played in goal at semipro level, by this time I was just playing for enjoyment and had chosen a different path. I was offered a trial by a 4th Division club but turned it down, what a dick head.

I guess Im too old to play for City now, :laugh:.....Im a youthful 42/3 but ive broken far too many bones, not to mention my arthritis.....I could sit on the bench as back up to Max, Id not be able to see though as my eyesight isn't what it was........ahhhh forget it!

@Bob Bob Super Bob I always value your opinion , so would you prefer NM or FF as your number 1.

10 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Hence why I said imagine, we all know what Niki did, but I believe hes a better keeper for it, FF as much as I like him scares the death out of me, my opinion is a keeper should command HIS area, not just the 6 yard area. A keeper has to have presence FF is too small.

Im 6ft and was told I was too short to be a keeper, I coukd kill the bastard who told me that as I have NO doubt Id have made it as a pro, so I went and played in CM at a pro club at youth level. My finest hour was playing in goal when our keeper got stretchered off, 10 years later I played in goal at semipro level, by this time I was just playing for enjoyment and had chosen a different path. I was offered a trial by a 4th Division club but turned it down, what a dick head.

I guess Im too old to play for City now, :laugh:.....Im a youthful 42/3 but ive broken far too many bones, not to mention my arthritis.....I could sit on the bench as back up to Max, Id not be able to see though as my eyesight isn't what it was........ahhhh forget it!

@Bob Bob Super Bob I always value your opinion , so would you prefer NM or FF as your number 1.

All IMHO Yorks

In a very simple choice  , right now .....?....... Nikki Maenpaa 

Seems In very solid form and does inspire confidence moreso than FF with his ‘frantic’ traits

Still nags me why NM has never really established himself as a No 1 , but you have to go with what you see

On his day FF is as good as it gets in terms of saving the difficult , and can at times be unbeatable - and capable of a match winning heroiC performance - more likely to prevent a certain goal than NM

but NMs all round game looks more solid at moment 

55 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

All IMHO Yorks

In a very simple choice  , right now .....?....... Nikki Maenpaa 

Seems In very solid form and does inspire confidence moreso than FF with his ‘frantic’ traits

Still nags me why NM has never really established himself as a No 1 , but you have to go with what you see

On his day FF is as good as it gets in terms of saving the difficult , and can at times be unbeatable - and capable of a match winning heroiC performance - more likely to prevent a certain goal than NM

but NMs all round game looks more solid at moment 

I think its been a case of bad timing, hes been behind some very established keepers FF included, maybe a case before at not changing a winning side. 

He seems to organise his defence very well, Fielding depended on Flint a lot from corners especially, NM uses his whole area to his advantage, as a keeper you're taught, that's YOUR area, own it, organise around it, its your territory, you will most likeky win a match by keeping possession out of YOUR box, use your HANDS, you are the only one that has that advantage, handle the ball as often as you can.

I always thought if the opposition can't get into my box then they wont score because its my job to save everything from outside my box as I have time to react, that time diminishes every time my box is penetrated (insert pun).

Keeping is a mix of positive psychology, and very good reactions, add a little madness in there....

NM is very mentally strong imho, I think a lot of that comes from being number 2, you always have to be prepared, no time to relax on the bench. 

Archived