IGNORED

New Order and The Specials

Bristol Rob

15 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Is this the amphitheatre in Bristol Rob?Can't find any mention of it on Specials website.

It is.

Well, not me (Bristol Rob) personally you understand, but the one down the docks by the Lloyds building.

I got an email from the Colston Hall this morning with the details.

2 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Ooh this is tempting. Saw New Order at Glastonbury a couple of years back. In a relatively 'intimate' venue this could be quite good.

New Order have never done anything for me, neither did Joy Division.

And The Specials are half the band they were, but I will probably get tickets for that, however I expect the new album to feature quite strongly in their set.

8 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

New Order have never done anything for me, neither did Joy Division.

And The Specials are half the band they were, but I will probably get tickets for that, however I expect the new album to feature quite strongly in their set.

Some of their stuff is a bit uninspiring but True Faith, Age of Consent, etc are great songs imo. Joy Division are a weird one, they're definitely better because of the mystery surrounding Ian Curtis. The perspective you can put on retrospectively after the death of the singer puts a different twist on them I think. Had it not been for that you might not see so much into the lyrics and they could just be seen as morbid and dull. I do quite like them though I wouldn't blast their tunes out if I wanted a chilled happy, day :laugh:.

Very pleased about this

New Order are probably my favourite band. Shame it’s not the original lineup but good enough. 

Saw Peter Hook at the Marble Factory last year who split his set into a Joy Division set followed by a New Order one and that was excellent 

Hopefully be able to get a ticket but if I don’t and anyone ends up with a spare I’ll happily take it off their hands

27 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Very pleased about this

New Order are probably my favourite band. Shame it’s not the original lineup but good enough. 

Saw Peter Hook at the Marble Factory last year who split his set into a Joy Division set followed by a New Order one and that was excellent 

Hopefully be able to get a ticket but if I don’t and anyone ends up with a spare I’ll happily take it off their hands

Whilst I am sure tickets are priced at the 'going rate' - it still seems like strong money to me, so I will be surprised if they sell out immediately.

So unless you are slow out the blocks, I don't think you will have too many problems getting a ticket.

1 hour ago, 54-46 said:

Very pleased about this

Same here (with them being my favourite band for many, many years.)

Since Hooky left I have become increasingly sceptical of him flogging the dead horse with The Light, and them morphing into tribute act. That said, have seen him a few times and he always puts on a show, and saw New Order a few weeks ago up in Miami, and they were superb.

Plans already bring me to England/Ireland in July, so hope to be in Bristol for this one.

Archived