IGNORED

Sarri seems to be the hardest word

Major Isewater

Sarri seems set on getting sacked at Chelsea.

His pronouncements saying that he can’t motivate his players is surely an invitation to receive his P45 ? 

How many other managers can you think of who have shot  themselves in the foot ?

Our very own John Ward declared that he needed help and then when it arrived, he left ! 

Strange behaviour .

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

His pronouncements saying that he can’t motivate his players is surely an invitation to receive his P45 ? 

How many other managers can you think of who have shot  themselves in the foot ?

Our very own John Ward declared that he needed help and then when it arrived, he left ! 

Strange behaviour .

I seem to remember that the story was that he wanted specific help, someone he knew that knew the league, he got Benny who had never worked in England before.

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I seem to remember that the story was that he wanted specific help, someone he knew that knew the league, he got Benny who had never worked in England before.

I know the story the point I , badly , made was how managers can , with their words or actions make themselves unemployed.

Wardy said he was out of ideas , how could that go down well with the club and his players ? 

Similarly with Sarri , he says he can’t motivate his players !!! 

That’s a big part of his  job and what he’s paid handsomely to do . 

What must Abramovich be thinking ? 

Madness. 

Nothing wrong with 4-3-3 high press, passing, would say issues there not necessarily PL specific.

Would argue he should have Kante the deepest of the 3 i.e. in his main role and perhaps Jorginho either or even as a double pivot so Jorginho cannot be isolated so easily. Or even Kante the deepest in a 4-1-2-3 doing his thing and freeing up others.

It beggars belief that on their money they should need motivating. In any other situations they would placed on a final warning but of course they are unsackable at that level. They'll do just enough to finish in the top 4. For all the tactics in football i still can't believe that with their skills they can't adapt to the situation in front of them without checking with their coach first. 

38 minutes ago, Midred said:

It beggars belief that on their money they should need motivating.

Why is it all about money?

If I was Kante or Hazzard and continually played out of position I would find it demotivating regardless of what I am paid.   

Being happy at work is important and if you aren't enjoying your football and have lost belief in the manager's tactics or formation then I think it's understandable that the players are losing the motivation.   

Yes, the manager looks like he's asking to be sacked.  

43 minutes ago, Midred said:

It beggars belief that on their money they should need motivating. In any other situations they would placed on a final warning but of course they are unsackable at that level. They'll do just enough to finish in the top 4. For all the tactics in football i still can't believe that with their skills they can't adapt to the situation in front of them without checking with their coach first. 

I would say the opposite regards to your first sentence. I remember Alan Ball saying ( when he was a manager) “ how do you motivate 11 millionaires”!!

In Sarri's defence, Chelsea is a revolving door of managers at the best of times, and the current squad has a history of dropping their heads and playing without motivation. Hazard himself said as much when he sid that the last three managers of his had asked for more from him.

Chelsea made the mistake of hiring someone with a set tactical approach, without providing him with the ability to revamp the squad. He's made a number of signings, but Chelsea won't sit around and wait for the changes to be made.

Amongst the big PL clubs, Chelsea are the ones with the most obvious revolving door policy for managers. And the players then know that they are more important the manager.

With the other big clubs, there is a bit more understanding that managers need some time. Klopp has been at Liverpool for 3 seasons and won nothing until now. He would have been gone after a season at Chelsea. Likewise Pocchetino. Emery will be given a couple of seasons at least at Arsenal. But at Chelsea, if the manager doesn't win the PL or Champions League that season, he's out. And they are starting to run out of big names, unless of course they want Mourinho for a third time!

14 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

In Sarri's defence, Chelsea is a revolving door of managers at the best of times, and the current squad has a history of dropping their heads and playing without motivation. Hazard himself said as much when he sid that the last three managers of his had asked for more from him.

Chelsea made the mistake of hiring someone with a set tactical approach, without providing him with the ability to revamp the squad. He's made a number of signings, but Chelsea won't sit around and wait for the changes to be made.

The interesting thing about Chelsea is that since he joined, Abramovich's dream has been Barcelona in blue basically.

He has now hired someone who could conceivably make it happen, Napoli at times under Sarri were Barcelonaesque- would take time though...will Sarri have that? History suggests not!

Personally think they would have been better keeping Benitez and letting him build- I know fans didn't much care for him, but they were getting some real cohesion under him towards the end of his interim spell. Football seemed quite good there under him too.

Sarri is an amazing manager but I don't think he is the issue there, they've had issues with players for years now, I mean they even ousted Mourinho when Mourinho still had some respect left. 
As some of my family are from Napoli I see them as my "second team" and having watched them a lot under his management he certainly has the ability to turn a team into something special, albeit he is supported to do so. 
I think Chelsea's issue is the player culture that's been created, they seem to be held as more important than the manager and his vision no matter who comes in. Sarri never should have gone there and I'd have him back at Napoli in a heartbeat!

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I know the story the point I , badly , made was how managers can , with their words or actions make themselves unemployed.

Wardy said he was out of ideas , how could that go down well with the club and his players ? 

What must Abramovich be thinking ? 

Madness. 

His recent remarks highlight his exasperation. It is not uncommon that a coach will not be able to motivate players because they lack the capability to carry out the tasks he wants. It is not uncommon that players will not want to buy into, commit and be motivated by the changes a new coach wants to implement. Basic psychology observes that players who are not suited to tasks and them knowing this are ever harder to motivate .. Obvious really.

Sarri has been there a short time. Players initially responded and now? They are lapsing back into not wanting to work differently and having to stretch. Sarris football has differing demands he is indicating these are not up to the demands. Its classic forming and storming. 

Sarri causing friction can be seen as part of a process. THIS AND THAT AND THESE are not good enough. He wants his leaders and architects in the dressing room as does a Manager closer to home. 

Abramovich listens or .. The conveyor belt of coaches continues.

11 minutes ago, Spike said:

Sarri is an amazing manager but I don't think he is the issue there, they've had issues with players for years now, I mean they even ousted Mourinho when Mourinho still had some respect left. 
As some of my family are from Napoli I see them as my "second team" and having watched them a lot under his management he certainly has the ability to turn a team into something special, albeit he is supported to do so. 
I think Chelsea's issue is the player culture that's been created, they seem to be held as more important than the manager and his vision no matter who comes in. Sarri never should have gone there and I'd have him back at Napoli in a heartbeat!

Quite right

How many managers have Chelsea Players ousted in last 10-15 years 

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

I would say the opposite regards to your first sentence. I remember Alan Ball saying ( when he was a manager) “ how do you motivate 11 millionaires”!!

I suppose it depends on the individual player's character. It boils down to the question that Gary Johnson is supposed to have asked prospective signings 'do you want to be a footballer or do you want to play football?'

6 hours ago, Midred said:

They’re human

7 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Strange behaviour .

If you work with a group of young half brain dead people it's not much you can do. Football is the only job they can get. 

7 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

What must Abramovich be thinking ? ere 

Madness. .

When Benny Lennartsson took over City he had to start pre season training during the season. They were not fit and had never been. People throwing up at training having been out in Birmingham all night. People refusing to train twice a day as it would disturbe their golfing. Spoiled total English idiots funded by brain dead people.

Archived