IGNORED

January team of the month

JBFC II

8 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Good to see kalas getting some recognition here... 

DyPC0k_WkAAVh6Z.jpeg

It is, but also the recognition he's getting is more than likely going to be the reason we can't keep him come the end of his loan. Other clubs will have taken notice and will be able to offer more money. 

I think come the summer it's going to be another rebuild as Kalas will go back and if Palmer has good performances I think he'll not be a permanent option either. 

6 hours ago, Spike said:

It is, but also the recognition he's getting is more than likely going to be the reason we can't keep him come the end of his loan. Other clubs will have taken notice and will be able to offer more money. 

I think come the summer it's going to be another rebuild as Kalas will go back and if Palmer has good performances I think he'll not be a permanent option either. 

But therein lies the ultimate mystery, he was equally outstanding with Fulham last season, yet he is with us this season.  I'd love to know the reason Fulham never took him to the Prem with them.

We are blessed to have him this year, and could be equally fortune again 2019/20.

3 hours ago, reddogkev said:

But therein lies the ultimate mystery, he was equally outstanding with Fulham last season, yet he is with us this season.  I'd love to know the reason Fulham never took him to the Prem with them.

We are blessed to have him this year, and could be equally fortune again 2019/20.

Slavisa Jokanovic signed Kalas for Fulham and they were ex teammates, I have a feeling that connection was the reason he went there but come the end of the season I think Jokanovic probably saw better options

They bought Mawson for £15m, not sure how much his wages are but he could have been a less costly acquisition based on wages and they've loaned Chambers so he's only wages. Marchand was also only a few million meaning the chances are he was out of their price range based on how many players they needed to bring in. 

Kalas is good enough to play in the Premiership but I don't think he made Fulham budget. Had they failed to get promoted it may have been a docent story based on they wouldn't have had to strengthen so much. 

Either way, it's all guesswork, we're certainly blessed to have him but I think if Chelsea make him available for a permanent transfer he may be out of our price range, both in initial transfer fee and wages as there are plenty of teams in the Championship who could outbid us and if he continues how he is he'll certainly be near the top of a few targets lists. 

3 hours ago, reddogkev said:

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

Slavisa Jokanovic signed Kalas for Fulham and they were ex teammates, I have a feeling that connection was the reason he went there but come the end of the season I think Jokanovic probably saw better options

They bought Mawson for £15m, not sure how much his wages are but he could have been a less costly acquisition based on wages and they've loaned Chambers so he's only wages. Marchand was also only a few million meaning the chances are he was out of their price range based on how many players they needed to bring in. 

Kalas is good enough to play in the Premiership but I don't think he made Fulham budget. Had they failed to get promoted it may have been a docent story based on they wouldn't have had to strengthen so much. 

Either way, it's all guesswork, we're certainly blessed to have him but I think if Chelsea make him available for a permanent transfer he may be out of our price range, both in initial transfer fee and wages as there are plenty of teams in the Championship who could outbid us and if he continues how he is he'll certainly be near the top of a few targets lists. 

I think also Odoi had become the main partner for Ream by the end of the season too.

Archived