IGNORED

Marley Watkins

Alan Dicks

It’s signings like Watkins that annoy me. 1.5 million for a player Norwich fans would have given away for free, no doubt on a  good wedge, isn’t better than anybody we’ve got and apart from the goals, which we’re hardly spectacular, has offered nothing to the team. Swansea away watching him was absolutely comical, im not sure if he’s nervous or is just genuinely bad but he’s terrible on the ball. I’d be quite happy not seeing him play again. Anyone that would have him replace someone in the team or bench must be high off their a**. Definitely someone to move on in the summer. 

1 hour ago, Negan said:

It’s signings like Watkins that annoy me. 1.5 million for a player Norwich fans would have given away for free, no doubt on a  good wedge, isn’t better than anybody we’ve got and apart from the goals, which we’re hardly spectacular, has offered nothing to the team. Swansea away watching him was absolutely comical, im not sure if he’s nervous or is just genuinely bad but he’s terrible on the ball. I’d be quite happy not seeing him play again. Anyone that would have him replace someone in the team or bench must be high off their a**. Definitely someone to move on in the summer. 

Not having a go at you, but there are plenty of fans on here asking for us to rip up Bobby Reid’s contract at several points in his time here....even as recently as the summer of 2017.  Even before his wonderful season he still had value, and we could’ve got somewhere up to £500k for him imho...yet people suggest we mutually terminate his contract at a cost to us.  It is probably those same people who want to pay Assombolonga £50k per week!!

i think Watkins isn’t a good, technical footballer, he certainly isn’t easy on the eye, but he can be effective for the team.  A team takes all sorts.  Hunt at RB seemed to play better early on in his time here with Watkins in front of him.  And as the earlier poster says, he’s scored a couple of goals in limited minutes.  He gets himself into scoring positions.  Injuries haven’t helped.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not having a go at you, but there are plenty of fans on here asking for us to rip up Bobby Reid’s contract at several points in his time here....even as recently as the summer of 2017.  Even before his wonderful season he still had value, and we could’ve got somewhere up to £500k for him imho...yet people suggest we mutually terminate his contract at a cost to us.  It is probably those same people who want to pay Assombolonga £50k per week!!

i think Watkins isn’t a good, technical footballer, he certainly isn’t easy on the eye, but he can be effective for the team.  A team takes all sorts.  Hunt at RB seemed to play better early on in his time here with Watkins in front of him.  And as the earlier poster says, he’s scored a couple of goals in limited minutes.  He gets himself into scoring positions.  Injuries haven’t helped.

Hunt slaughtered by many on here is our best crosser of the ball and has 4 assists. Like Bryan, maybe better in midfield. Either way, contributing well to the TEAM.

On 01/02/2019 at 14:26, Davefevs said:

When was the last time City converted a midfi.........hang on a minute.

Actually Watkins played CF v Boro earlier this season in one of LJ’s hairbrain ideas.  He had a poor game.

Hairbrain ideas?

Watkins has been effective as a striker in this division before for a poor Barnsley side.

Is trying something that has evidence of working now a "hairbrian idea"?

Archived