IGNORED

John Atyeo Statue

Redmycolour

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So, what did you say to the pesky kids that caused them to swear at you?

I think as memory goes without those pesky kids I would have got away with it but just to be on the safe side I have some scooby snacks and fortunately no doo.

My, how times have changed. We had snowballs every winter because it snowed every year not one in ten.

In the very bad winter of 1963, I went to Highbury to see Arsenal play Spurs. There was plenty of snow around the edge of the pitch. Kids at the front of the North Bank were throwing snowballs at each other when one hit a policeman. He picked up a handful of snow and threw it at the lad. It landed and everyone laughed. Nobody cried, got hurt or got arrested.

Oh well, despite @Redmycolour being active on here when I’ve repeatedly asked him or her what they actually said to the kids who were committing the heinous crime of throwing snowballs...there’s zero reply....so, he or she probably didn’t confront the scary criminals....despite claiming the scary kids told him or her to ‘f@ck off’....

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Oh well, despite @Redmycolour being active on here when I’ve repeatedly asked him or her what they actually said to the kids who were committing the heinous crime of throwing snowballs...there’s zero reply....so, he or she probably didn’t confront the scary criminals....despite claiming the scary kids told him or her to ‘f@ck off’....

Sorry for a late reply, but I go to bed early, I sounded my car horn, waved my hand at them, saying leave it alone, that's when I got my reply, 

22 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

My, how times have changed. We had snowballs every winter because it snowed every year not one in ten.

In the very bad winter of 1963, I went to Highbury to see Arsenal play Spurs. There was plenty of snow around the edge of the pitch. Kids at the front of the North Bank were throwing snowballs at each other when one hit a policeman. He picked up a handful of snow and threw it at the lad. It landed and everyone laughed. Nobody cried, got hurt or got arrested.

I seem to remember a vast snowball fight on the open end between us and the away fans (can`t remember who). All very good natured and a great time being had by all with plod just watching on and taking no action.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I seem to remember a vast snowball fight on the open end between us and the away fans (can`t remember who). All very good natured and a great time being had by all with plod just watching on and taking no action.

What’s really funny is, a few mins in , start wrapping bits of concrete in snow 

Gets em every time :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Although I got a ticking off by a copper inside Ashton Gate back in the day, for throwing a snowball at a linesman....

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Hope he asked for a 50% refund on the pasty, while being marched out....

It turned out there was a bit more to the story. He was a really mild mannered chap who never said boo to a goose normally so we were all really surprised when he did it. However, back in the old Western League the officials tended to be fairly local and this bloke was from Bridgwater. It emerged that our mate had been told that day that said official was rumoured to have been `entertaining` his wife whilst he was at work.

Lucky to get away with a pasty in the back of the head IMO!

18 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It turned out there was a bit more to the story. He was a really mild mannered chap who never said boo to a goose normally so we were all really surprised when he did it. However, back in the old Western League the officials tended to be fairly local and this bloke was from Bridgwater. It emerged that our mate had been told that day that said official was rumoured to have been `entertaining` his wife whilst he was at work.

Lucky to get away with a pasty in the back of the head IMO!

Blimey! That explains pasty-gate!

Archived