IGNORED

Conceded 2 in 7

Unan

On 02/02/2019 at 17:12, Silvio Dante said:

If there is a better centre half than Webster in this division I’ve yet to see him.

Obviously it's a great debate to be having, but is Webster better than Kalas? I think it's very close. Webster probably has more to his game but out and out defending Kalas maybe shades it.

35 minutes ago, mozo said:

Soz just seen the answer is yes in 1905 we won about a hundred games in a row

Admittedly that was one hell of a side we had back then.

Major Adam Webster and Sir Tomas Kalas steady as she goes at the back

Lock up your daughters (wifes more to the point) Mr. Palmer

Sir Marlon Pack running the damned show

Chaps you would give an arm and a leg to have beside you in the trenches

So many memories, now where did I leave snuff box?

It`s worth bearing in mind that great though the `two in eight` conceded is we`ve only let in eight in total in this fourteen game unbeaten run and four of those came in the first two games of it, Ipswich away and Norwich at home. Take those out and the one v Bolton in the cup we`ve only let in three in the last ten league games ( 1 v Bolton, 1 v Derby and 1 v Brentford).

Pretty impressive stuff.

14 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It`s worth bearing in mind that great though the `two in eight` conceded is we`ve only let in eight in total in this fourteen game unbeaten run and four of those came in the first two games of it, Ipswich away and Norwich at home. Take those out and the one v Bolton in the cup we`ve only let in three in the last ten league games ( 1 v Bolton, 1 v Derby and 1 v Brentford).

Pretty impressive stuff.

Ipswich was the first game then Norwich the 4th.

However whichever way we look at it, it's very impressive! Another aspect to extrapolate extremely worthy of note- post that Ipswich game, 5 away games 1 goal conceded! :clap:

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Ipswich was the first game then Norwich the 4th.

However whichever way we look at it, it's very impressive! Another aspect to extrapolate extremely worthy of note- post that Ipswich game, 5 away games 1 goal conceded! :clap:

I missed the Millwall goal too so take out the two lots of two it`s still only four in the rest which, given five were away as you say, is good stuff. The three home ones were all totally avoidable as well but we seem to have learned from them.

Wasn't the 1905 run the record breaker where we ended up on 14 league wins? That record stood for decades until Chelsea equalled it at some point and then Man City broke it last season with 18 wins I think? You can technically argue that we therefore retain the record for Football League wins - if you distinguish between the Premier League and the Football League.

May be wrong, this is off the top of my head, but I think that's correct.

18 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I missed the Millwall goal too so take out the two lots of two it`s still only four in the rest which, given five were away as you say, is good stuff. The three home ones were all totally avoidable as well but we seem to have learned from them.

Pretty well all goals are ultimately 'avoidable' but I know what you're saying.

One of Norwich's goals was very good I thought but the rest I tend to agree with yeah, pretty avoidable in the main. At very least we should have beaten Millwall and kept a clean sheet v Bolton- the goal in the League game felt a complete give-away.

53 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Wasn't the 1905 run the record breaker where we ended up on 14 league wins? That record stood for decades until Chelsea equalled it at some point and then Man City broke it last season with 18 wins I think? You can technically argue that we therefore retain the record for Football League wins - if you distinguish between the Premier League and the Football League.

May be wrong, this is off the top of my head, but I think that's correct.

This is taken from the City Fanzone  area of the official website. It has most of what you need to know there.

image.png.133c62c2243351f0c23cc45f0e10cc68.png

I have just noticed that the longest unbeaten sequence ended yesterday 114 years ago!

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Pretty impressive stuff.

S*%t me that's good!

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Pretty impressive stuff.

It certainly is; and long may it continue.

Struggling to understand how we let awful Reading score 3 against us back in November (Webster and Kalas both played).

1 hour ago, The Gasbuster said:

Struggling to understand how we let awful Reading score 3 against us back in November (Webster and Kalas both played).

We were just giving the rest of the league a head start before we piss our way to a league and cup double.

6 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

This is taken from the City Fanzone  area of the official website. It has most of what you need to know there.

image.png.133c62c2243351f0c23cc45f0e10cc68.png

I have just noticed that the longest unbeaten sequence ended yesterday 114 years ago!

The question is, can Andreas Weimann break John Atyeo's goalscoring record ?

6 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

Reading are a poor side yet one who can pull the odd useful result of of the bag. Beat Nottingham Forest, drew with Aston Villa in the last month at their place.

They had 3 shots on target and scored 3 goals against us...just football isn't it- like our loss at Wigan, conceded 1 shot on target, lost 1-0- if it was predictable and all went to plan, well it'd be less of a sport.

Frustrating but then we pick up unexpected or less likely results too- it's why we all like the sport. However on a tactical note, the system wasn't quite right then IMO.

Archived