IGNORED

Mcburnie no 10

Antman

The three guys behind me in the dolman were going on about how good he is for the first 15 minutes, with the occasional 'here we go' whenever he got the ball. Then again, they also said the same for Charlie Adam and Peter crouch... 

Thought he was a bit of a donkey yesterday, obviously he was excellently dealt with by kalas and webster but would I have him over fam? No chance

8 hours ago, Baldyman said:

What struck me most about Swansea was: 1- They were pretty soft . Very few crunching tackles and whilst they could certainly play the ball around had no end product 

2- They reminded me of us in our first Season back at this level .  Too honest and  lacking the type of “ professionalism” that we see from so many of the sides in this division . 

Have to say that with the added goings on off the pitch , next season could be a shocker for them to be honest . Such a shame when you recall the quality of their football when they got to the Prem ! 

For many years Swansea were the club we emulated and strived to copy. Small club doing things the right way, surviving in the Prem. Think the roles are beginning to be reversed now. 

I thought the main threat from Swansea was their No 24 on the left wing. In the first half particularly, he seemed to be given acres of space to run into.

Bailey Wright seemed to be playing nearer CB than RB a lot of the time, leaving a big gap on the right. Was just relieved that they couldn't take advantage.

30 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I thought the main threat from Swansea was their No 24 on the left wing. In the first half particularly, he seemed to be given acres of space to run into.

Bailey Wright seemed to be playing nearer CB than RB a lot of the time, leaving a big gap on the right. Was just relieved that they couldn't take advantage.

It seemed like Bailey Wright had been given the instruction to stick tight to their 10 (celina) and so when he drifted inside there was a massive gap on the left which declan John (24) used to good affect. 

From the whole match that was the only tactical error from Johnson imo

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

He was the left full back, not the left wing so I assume it was COD or Wiemann who should have been picking him up.

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

He was the left full back, not the left wing so I assume it was COD or Wiemann who should have been picking him up.

Declan John.

Thought he was excellent for the first 30 mins, and Swansea moved the ball around well during that time as well.

Then they seemed to run out of steam a bit, and in the 2nd half were not at the races. Probably something to do with the midweek game against Brum, and their deadline day debacle.

Things might have been different if their shot that hit the post had gone in. At 1-0 they were having to chase the game, and the gaps opened up at the back.

Certainly not got the players to make a run at the play offs now; and further player sales are a certainty. Can see them spirally downwards over the next 2 seasons.

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

It seemed like Bailey Wright had been given the instruction to stick tight to their 10 (celina) and so when he drifted inside there was a massive gap on the left which declan John (24) used to good affect. 

From the whole match that was the only tactical error from Johnson imo

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Most of their half chances came in that spell when John and Celina got into advanced positions.  I may not be 100% correct here, but think that coincided with Weimann and O’Dowda swapping.  COD got caught by one ball inside him at least.  It was probably a spell of the game where we lost a bit of control too.  But we can’t expect to dominant all-game.

Archived