IGNORED

Serious playoff contenders?

General Zod

41 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I agree. We have a good chance. But I don't see much talk of "if" we win, more talk of the gap being 7 points. I'd say the smart money would be on the draw.

There is a whole pile of teams that must be thinking 'if we can just put a run together...'.

Alongside the Boro game, we have a pretty tough run in. As the table stands now, we still everyone in the top 11 to play. Blackburn for comparison have already played half the top six twice.

Not saying we don't have a chance, of course we do, but we have just snuck in to the top six and we have threads about can we get auto, and is promotion all it is cracked up to be. Of course it's all good fun, and we dream, but if we finish ninth it's not that bad really. It does hopefully give us some big games later on whereas we could have just drifted in to mid table which is what it is all about, so fingers crossed.

10 hours ago, Spike said:

Fammy - Not sure if he's consistent enough to carry our front line, some games he looks untouchable but in others his touch is awful, he can't hold possession and he doesn't look a threat. I still think we needed that one quality striker signing to push us onwards.

Fammy is our Dele Adebola for 2018.  Us and Hull in the play offs again, anyone?   

2 minutes ago, tin said:

We’ve done everything we can on the pitch to get into the play-off picture, but we will do bloody well to stay there when we still have to play Norwich, Leeds, Sheff Utd, West Brom, Villa, Derby and Hull. 

I don't think it's a bad thing to be playing these clubs, they have far more to lose than us and the pressure on them may be to our advantage. These next few months are a free hit for LJ and i think he knows he can give it a shot. People wrote off Cardiff, Huddersfield & Bournemouth in the past and they got over the line!

1 hour ago, tin said:

We’ve done everything we can on the pitch to get into the play-off picture, but we will do bloody well to stay there when we still have to play Norwich, Leeds, Sheff Utd, West Brom, Villa, Derby and Hull. 

They will do bloody well to stay where they are when they have to play us.

22 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I can only go on radio these days guys.

But correct me if im wrong did Taylor cause more problems for swansea in the time he was on then fam?

I don’t think so, just have different styles....and also need to remember Taylor is coming on as fresh legs versus tired legs.  Some visuals:

Versus Swansea - I don’t see much support for Taylor causing more problems.

AC630B2A-8362-4252-97C4-DE75D84DE24D.thumb.jpeg.c5a6fab3820898c69098d68584322840.jpeg

08573994-F26E-4BDA-88A8-4DC267EDE593.thumb.jpeg.7c5050268b9e369266dc7ee28e8a5fe1.jpeg

Versus Bolton, you can see the output from Taylor in only 25 minutes on the pitch!

08ED67F1-75A5-4254-83C9-BFE1B85F0996.thumb.jpeg.8e493ed375c4db54828cfdbf1cf32909.jpeg

A796D51B-D3FF-460F-B337-CB32789E85D7.thumb.jpeg.a37974fa0dcd628155eaa98a29a4d126.jpeg

23 hours ago, downendcity said:

They will do bloody well to stay where they are when they have to play us.

I genuinely hope you’re right but we all know this run won’t last forever, and it’s how we respond to defeat that will be key.

When you see the run-in Derby have, I reckon they’ve got a better top-six chance than us. That said, our issues with a lack of backup for Diedhiou are mirrored by their lack of backup for Timori and Keogh.

I just wish we’d have signed a proven, hungry striker (Hogan, Assambalonga) last month to make the difference in the big games we have coming up.

Those of us who we there in 2007/08 will probably hope we learnt from our shortcomings back then. Same owner, same prudence. 

The cup run is also a distraction when being in the promotion race should be the goal. Last season tells us that.

Archived