IGNORED

Bakinson

Kingswoodactor

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Dowling who seems to have not really gone on to do much so far since his promising debut. Morton who has now had 2 seasons of Vanarama South football and is only 19. He looks a classy deep lying midfielder. And Holden who is probably closer to making it than most considering he's playing in a league one side and apparently doing well.

Apology re Holden and Morton. I've seen enough of these to believe that both could make it. Morton reminds me of Matic (Man U); appears a bit slow but always seems to get there before opponents. Holden could end up as a striker.

Should we also include Jonny Smith who is more a winger?

Like has happened with semenyo, he will eventually be brought back into first team for a period eventually to get him used to our patterns of play etc so then may be the time to develop his pressing game. In the mean time out on loan, let him develop strength, stamina and give him freedom to express his ability.

• Admin
13 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

We need to be getting them all involved, they're the future & we must look forwards...I reckon,sadly, Smith's just about 'ad it.........

After all,Lee must still have that 'tombola in 'ees garage  ?..

The trouble is there will get to a point where we won't keep all the players, there just won't be space in a squad for them added to current squad members

1 hour ago, phantom said:

The trouble is there will get to a point where we won't keep all the players, there just won't be space in a squad for them added to current squad members

That’s inevitable if we develop large numbers - a proportion will eventually be let go, as McCoulsky was. That’s fine, provided we keep the cream and get them into the team or sell them for megabucks.

18 hours ago, spudski said:

When I've watched him play he reminds me of a young Patrick Vierra.

Needs to sort his defensive side to his game. Only gripe I’ve heard from Newport fans is he gets muscled off the ball too easily. But if he can fill out a bit he’ll be a great physical specimen. 

On 06/02/2019 at 11:42, RedDave said:

Seen him a few times and he doesn’t appear dynamic enough for a midfield press. Maybe he develops but I always find players have their style and it never deviates much from that . I.e you could never turn Diedhiou into a Reid type

Bakinson is quite languid in style. Perhaps we would have to adapt to accommodate. 

As were the Toures and Vierra, or so they appeared in their earlier days. I think hes got the makings of quite a player, has the potential to be box to box, very excited with the young players we have out on loan at the moment, the lads at Torquay are not only adapting to that level of football, but by several accounts they are a league or two below where they should be. 

What an exciting time to be a city fan, the quality through the squad and on loan has never been deeper. Look at Joe Morrel, he's been fantastic when called upon but not even in the matchday squad last saturdays.

Archived