IGNORED

Yeovil Today

jeade

Just back and impressed by the pace in which we attacked on the break. First time i've seem Heff, Orr & Harley and thought all three did well. Harley looks composed and always had time which is a good sign. Heff did little but scored 2 so i'll take that every week as that was what we were missing last season. Pick of the lot was Orr for me who covered every blade of grass,won the ball back for us and can certainly play. Only criticism was he snatched at a couple of chances but I'm probably being greedy.

Need to get a right back as Coles is the best centre half in division and needs to play there with Hill or Fortune. Simpson not quite ready but in fairness basing this on 1/2 an hour.

Good performance all round, great support for a friendly and after my first football fix since Brighton, I'm well up for the new season.

Phillips 7 (comedy shouts with Woody & Matt but solid)

Woodman 7 (steady but needs to be more positivive in driving fwd when in possession)

Coles 6 (not a right back we need to get this sorted)

Butler 6(so inconsistent- good at times but still giving the ball away)

Hill 7 (great in the air and didn't play one twos with the stand)

Orr 8

Harley 7

Doherty 8 (probably my MOM but then he always is)

Murray 7 (looks like his old self)

Roberts 7 (sill not convinced but quality free kick. Made me look a mug as I said to my son watch your head as Roberts is running up to take it)

Heff 8 (2 goals so say no more)

Pleased with subs and thought Goodfellow was a revelation with direct running and could have scored a couple. Definitely play Goodfellow in the hole although Harley won't let us down.

Good day out and roll on the 7th.

Totally agree with goodfellow i thought he was excellent in that position, only concern is it was only a friendly no hard challenges

will he bottle it come the 7th.

I could be in the minority here but i thought simpson played quite well at right back.

Orr was superb never stopped running and challenging for the ball.

Fortune has got to start ahead of Butler.

colesy not a right back.

We have no problems up front this season, we have goals all over the place whoever is playing.

Tommy back to his best man of the match for me.

A slow start to the match with city only really getting going on 20 mins.

Will we miss Carey? Well personally whilst I don't think Coles is a right back, Sekani Simpson player excellent in that role and would get the go ahead from me in a back 4.

Heffernan showed he is a goal poacher - few real chances but what came his way he took pretty effectively.

Roberts apart from the free kick was anonomous. Lita ineffective when he came on as sub. Murray better when playing wide rather than up front.

Harley was a revelation in midfield, always looked confident. Fortune would definitely get the thumbs up ahead of Butler and Woodman is more than an adequate replacement for Bell.

Tommy looked knackered after about half an hour, but then he normally does.

My man of the match was Bradley Orr, played a superb game, particularly in the first half.

An enjoyable day out, a quick trip to Montecue House (close to Yeovil) on the way, and 3 goals to keep us happy - only negative bit - a touch of sunburn!

Sorry, I thought Orr was disappointing. He looked unfit to me, unwilling to tackle and was unable to shoot straight. However, I thought Goodfellow, not one of my favourite players by a long way, was superb when he came on. He was running at the defence from a central position, causing all sorts of problems. I was also impressed by the youngster Harley, spraying the ball about like a young Brian Tinnion. Heffernan did nothing apart from score twice, but we had this before with Tony Thorpe and we slated him for it. Maybe if we have another like him, we will appreciate him more this time. Lee Miller was ummm like Lee Miller. My team to start the season would be.

Phillips

Hill

Coles

Fortune

Woodman

Murray

Tinnion

Doherty

Goodfellow

Heffernan

Gillespie

subs Harley, Lita, Butler, Orr, Roberts

I'd agree with most of your ratings , lita was poor and is imo the worst striker at the club. Roberts was average bar his free kick but he didnt really need to try. Heffernan seems a thorpe type player , right time right place kind of guy. Murray looks back to his best. Orr was a class above , anysinsah looked good , simpson was solid and in a back 4 i would have him at right back , harley looked comfortable and easily capable of playing in the first team next season.Woodman did a VERY good job at left back, much better than bell. I must mention the best attacking player in the second half was goodfellow , he really looks to have found his best position in the whole behind the strikers.

One thing that really bothers me is the 4-3-3 formation , we have too many players to play it , i much prefer 3-5-2 with murray and woodman/bell as wingbacks , scotty is so much more effective out wide. And goodfellow can play behind the strikers.One thing that struck me today is how many quality players we have all over the pitch today , we were taking the p i s s out of a good (but dissapointing i must admit) yeovil side today.

This is my prefered formation:

Phillips:

.......Coles........Fortune.......Hill

Murray........tommy.........Orr..........Woodman....

..................Goodfellow.....................

...............Heffernan.............Roberts........

Subs:

Miller

Gillespie

Wilkshire/tinnion****il he gets back)

Harley

Simpson

Anyinsah looks good but a little inexperienced , not quite ready for the first team yet i dont reckon , and is not comfortable on the left ,i would like to see him on the right.

Archived