IGNORED

LJ...........I forgive you.......

slartibartfast

17 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Johnson out

I managed to get Johnson out (it was cold so it was little Lee) managed to find a stream and hit the target but I have been training hard over years but my manager after analysing has said my ball control is like Junior Bent but I don't think I missed the goal by that distance

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Haven't seen Londoner comment for a while either.

Oh yes, I had forgotten him, when people questioned his point of view he would claim his superior academic achievements meant that he was clearly right no matter the subject. It then turned out that he was so well educated, that he didn’t actually have to watch us play to be able to tell where the team was being mismanaged!

I must say I was concerned in November after the Preston game especially. 

Not about relegation so much but more about the way forward. I lost faith in LJ for a brief period and I've usually been a) Pretty patient with managers and b) Pretty pro LJ. The only other times I lost faith a bit was after the 5-0 at Preston and in about February before the mini run in March of that same season.

Overall though, magnificent work in this run by him.

I actually had pretty well written off this season as a building, a mid table type season given all the changes and thought next season maybe a go for it one.  Fair play though, he has got the team together, harnessed spirt momentum, tactics and most importantly results quicker than I thought likely. All credit to him.

19 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

And so it goes on. For me the Swansea game was huge, then today at Blackburn if they had won would have accumulated the 2nd most home points in the division.

Then as you say QPR another big game.

By the sound of with the muted celebrations at the end of the game the squad really believe we're contenders, and with 16 games to go they really are focused on the 1 game at a time.

It seems to me if the next game was Leeds or Ipswich it wouldn't make a jot of difference.

Got this smell of 76 about all this. Or am I going ******* mad?

Were you at the game and actually close enough to see and hear the squad immediately after the match?

I miss going to away matches (*) as there isn't a better feeling than getting a winner in the last twenty minutes. It can really deflate the home side who try too hard to come back and make it simpler for us to hang onto the spoils.

(*) I'm a reasonably fit guy but don't seem to have stamina for long distance travel to away games so I put my trust in those a bit younger to support the lads.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I must say I was concerned in November after the Preston game especially. 

Not about relegation so much but more about the way forward. I lost faith in LJ for a brief period and I've usually been a) Pretty patient with managers and b) Pretty pro LJ. The only other times I lost faith a bit was after the 5-0 at Preston and in about February before the mini run in March of that same season.

Overall though, magnificent work in this run by him.

I actually had pretty well written off this season as a building, a mid table type season given all the changes and thought next season maybe a go for it one.  Fair play though, he has got the team together, harnessed spirit momentum, tactics and most importantly results quicker than I thought likely. All credit to him.

You're not alone. It was a fear that SL would not see the wood from the trees and keep him during one of his "bust" runs until it was too late to recover.

The affect of relegation has changed a lot and the differing FFP rules between Championship and League One mean that one goes from a loss of £39 million over three years to wages not more than 60% of turnover. That would mean we'd have to clear out a very large number of our squad.

Anyway, we can all relax on that one and start suffering the anxieties of the top six syndrome variety. Memories of hanging on to a 1-0 lead at the Hawthorns in 1976 are never forgotten. So come on lads, how about stealing all three points from Norwich in a couple of weeks?

There are people in this world who seem to relish in moaning about how unlucky they are and wallowing in self pity.  Hating everyone they meet.

Granted, a minority of people. I truly believe that some of these people are football fans who then come alive when their club is on a bad run as it’s another reason to moan and whinge about life 

19 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Or the one with the `hilarious` user name that used to be Glos Old Boy.

Says the guy with the "over-use" of his right hand username (try using the other hand as well, during your moments)

You should watch that high horse you are on as well, the next 6/7 games could see you fall right off it......now leave me to my retirement.

Archived