IGNORED

Officials

italian dave

I know....we won, it doesn't really matter, it might have changed the game, it seems like sour grapes now.......but if there's been a more inconsistent and cowardly decision this season than the one not to give their 27 a second yellow, I've yet to see it.

Not only was it a pretty clear yellow, but I accept that's always a matter of opinion. But this challenge was a carbon copy of the challenge Bailey Wright got booked for. By the touch line, late challenge, after the ball has gone, taking the player out, and bundling them onto the gravel beside the pitch. Absolutely 100% identical in my opinion. And they simply bottled it. Shocking.

Certainly should have gone, as Wright should have a few minutes later. Equally, if he called the first one, maybe the second would never have occurred. In both cases, they were subbed very quickly by the managers as they were both on very thin ice.

12 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I know....we won, it doesn't really matter, it might have changed the game, it seems like sour grapes now.......but if there's been a more inconsistent and cowardly decision this season than the one not to give their 27 a second yellow, I've yet to see it.

Not only was it a pretty clear yellow, but I accept that's always a matter of opinion. But this challenge was a carbon copy of the challenge Bailey Wright got booked for. By the touch line, late challenge, after the ball has gone, taking the player out, and bundling them onto the gravel beside the pitch. Absolutely 100% identical in my opinion. And they simply bottled it. Shocking.

And the referee didn't even see the Bailey Wright one, yet off the reaction of the crowd felt it was a yellow... 

Definitely bottled sending their guy off though

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

And the referee didn't even see the Bailey Wright one, yet off the reaction of the crowd felt it was a yellow... 

Definitely bottled sending their guy off though

I think he might have spoke to the Lino. He did that thing where they hold up the microphone! That said, the Lino didn't start flagging until the crowd started up. 

10 hours ago, italian dave said:

I think he might have spoke to the Lino. He did that thing where they hold up the microphone! That said, the Lino didn't start flagging until the crowd started up. 

Did the fourth official see anything and was the ref talking to him maybe? I wasn`t there so don`t know if it happened on the side where he could have though.

A football match is like real life in that it us full of IF'S, BUT'S, and CHOICES.

If you didn't go to that pub twenty years ago, you would never have met "the only girl/guy in the world for you.

So what IF the Blackburn player had got two yellows, and Bailey Wright got the same punishment, would Pisano have scored the winner?

Or would another IF/ONLY event have decided the result? We just do not know. That is what makes everything in life, a lottery.

11 hours ago, italian dave said:

I don't care what anyone says referee's bend the rules to suit themselves, and bottled it by not issuing a second yellow, should be fined by FA for offended the rules, but they won't, 

I've just seen the goals from the Villa /Sheff U game. In real time I thought Sharpe was offside for his 3rd. Watch again and he looks offside twice, and kicks the ball out of the keepers hands. 

We have always complained about Refs' , but is it just me , or have Linesmen/assistant Refs got a lot worse recently ? Sat in the lower Lansdown , it's amazing how often they are behind play or nowhere near the last defender. Then they never seem to see an incident that isn't offside or throw related.

58 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

A football match is like real life in that it us full of IF'S, BUT'S, and CHOICES.

If you didn't go to that pub twenty years ago, you would never have met "the only girl/guy in the world for you.

So what IF the Blackburn player had got two yellows, and Bailey Wright got the same punishment, would Pisano have scored the winner?

Or would another IF/ONLY event have decided the result? We just do not know. That is what makes everything in life, a lottery.

I worked in IT for most of my life when you get right down to it, it is on or off(one or zero) you make a choice(decision) in life there is a consequence for every decision you make it's all about not making too many bad ones if you ever meet someone who has always got it right let me know who they are. 

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Of course, and I'm sure you're right - there's a better than 50/50 chance that Pisano wouldn't have been on the pitch looking for a winner if he'd given that second yellow. 

So I'm not complaining (although I was at the time, and quite loudly too!).

It's also a game of opinions, perspectives and everyone will have different views or interpretations of things. Which is why it's always going to be open to debate whether Brownhill should have had his second yellow at Leeds, or the opponent at Ashton Gate a couple of weeks later (forget who!) should have had his. For the most part, every incident is different and ref a might see it differently to ref b. 

So when fans complain about refereeing inconsistency it's often about different perspectives. But unusually the two incidents yesterday seemed to be about as identical as you'll ever see in a single 90 minutes and that shouldn't be a lottery.

2 hours ago, hinsleburg said:

Honestly don’t know how he is still a professional referee!? Far worse than Keith Stroud and that’s saying something!

I am pretty certain it is because he comes from the Isle of wight and it is to make the FA look good having officials from diverse locations. If you go onto the FA website there is an article about how he and his dad who apparently is his biggest critic catches the Ferry across to the games.

Thankfully he will be a full time professional now which means he will go all over the country instead of sending him to us all the time because he will have time to get to the Ferry after the game and we are just that far away not to be local for him. Reading would have been another club to constantly get his services

A truly consistently appalling official.

Archived