IGNORED

Right Back

gavlin

Went to Yeovil and the problem area could be at right back. Never was much of a Carey fan but we are definitely lacking cover in this position.

Coles played in this position in the first half and didn't enjoy it one bit got creamed by there winger a couple of times. Once he reverted back to centre back looked far more comfortable. Second half they tried Simpson but he hasn't got the experience at the moment.

The real plus was midfield with both Harley and Orr has outstanding games. For his age Harley is so confident on the ball,Orr gets forward in good positions and his distrubation was excellent. With Tommy as the holding player it looks a useful midfield. Goodfellow came on the second half and put together some useful runs at there defence.

Up front Oh why didn't we buy Hef last year, a real box poacher. :dunno:

Just wondering, Simpson hasn't got the experience........ How do you suggest he's going to get it??

It may be a case of holding his hand (so to speak) for a few games but there is no better place to learn, than in the 1st team.

We seem to have enough quality in the rest of the team / squad that against most teams in this division, we won't come up against a decent left winger.

Guest Levster

i agree, Coles was out of place and as soon as he was back at centre back he was very comfortable. i think Sekani Simpson can do a very good job for us at right back.

i couldnt fault anyone today, i think that the youngsters that came in were superb, especially Harley, or should i say Nicky Butt.

I dont think Coles should play at right back, but if Simpson is only option then maybe he will have to. Simpson lacks experience and may get caught out. Only way to find out is play him but are we prepared to carry a player for a month or so to let him settle in if he costs us a few goals will his confidence drop. Only time will tell.

Archived