IGNORED

Derrick Williams

hoxton casual

4 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

But that doesn’t count as 8 fans is  only a small proportion of Blackburn fans right?

Just posted the link because you are happy to believe that the opinion of a tiny % of fans is representative of a fanbase - so I just showed that a tiny % can have an opposite opinion....in other words, it means nothing .....you have no idea what a whole fanbase thinks - although you posted on here recently that you thought City’s total fanbase worldwide totalled between 25k and 40k !!!??? - so you don’t really have any idea what a fanbase is either, let alone its opinion....

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Latest comments from the Blackburn fans that can be found by logging onto www.brfcs.com. Undoubtedly not the comments of all living Blackburn fans, but a good selection given the lack of other material:

..Don't get me started on bringingWilliams back in or the fact we like to makeWilliams our go to guy for free kicks and corners into the box. He get's his head on it but bloody hell has he ever got one on target. Worse than Duffy was.

Indeed if DerekWilliams knew how to head the ball in an attacking sense we probably would have won! I recall two examples of his terrible attacking heading; he does well to find positions but the end product from his head usually ends up in row z of the Blackburn end! I find it really frustrating...

...Williams did better than normal - all credit for getting where he did for our two best chances, no credit for what he did when he got there. It was sensible to have him on the pitch given the lack of central defense back-up. In retrospect probably would have been better to start with Rothwell...

Not much betweenWilliams and Bell for me , neither really good enough !

Williams was no worse than anybody else today and doesn't deserve to be singled out

..And the less said aboutWilliams the better.

...Williams is a liability at both ends,

..Controversial but I thoughtWilliams was pretty good and a marked improvement on Bell, but needs to learn to control his headers at goal better

...Williams and Smallwood showcasing why they’re league 1 players.

.as "solid" is not a word that comes to mind when it comes toWilliams playing left back (or at all, really).

...Hard to fathom the reason behind bringingWilliams back into the team otherwise. He's consistently proven himself to be one of our worst players over the campaign.

Aaargh i blamewilliams awful

A few comments from a tiny % of their fanbase - means nothing....

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Just posted the link because you are happy to believe that the opinion of a tiny % of fans is representative of a fanbase - so I just showed that a tiny % can have an opposite opinion....in other words, it means nothing .....you have no idea what a whole fanbase thinks - although you posted on here recently that you thought City’s total fanbase worldwide totalled between 25k and 40k !!!??? - so you don’t really have any idea what a fanbase is either, let alone its opinion....

Ah the fan base debate, not going back to that again, I’ve made my point clear on that. 

I’d argue the fact that quite a few Blackburn fans now are saying that they can do better than Williams means more than 8 Blackburn fans replying to a twitter post in November praising him but each to their own...

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

A few comments from a tiny % of their fanbase - means nothing....

The question was how did he play yesterday, there´s the answer  from people who were there.

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

2 years ago, look at their forum now it’s completely different. 

I’m sure many would have had Marvin Elliott down as one of our best players in 2008, yet a few years later he was hardly pulling up trees...

So what is the Mighty Marvin doing these days?.....

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I never quite understand the “league one player” comment, when a guy has now played 78 times at this level (Champ).

I think we all agree he’s not a top end player at Champ level, but wouldn’t it be better if we said something like

• squad player at this level
  • bottom half team player at this level
  • not gonna set the world alight at this level, but ok

or something like that.  Rather than derogatory comments like ‘league one player’.

I wouldn’t regard him as a “legendary player” but he certainly played his part in a “legendary team” for us. So I will always think fondly of him and all the others for their part in that. 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I wouldn’t regard him as a “legendary player” but he certainly played his part in a “legendary team” for us. So I will always think fondly of him and all the others for their part in that. 

Just coming into his peak years too.

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

True. But wouldn’t swap him for any of our potential back 8 first team competition. 

Shows how far we’ve come, I think. 

Absolutely.

At the start of the season when Joe left, Mags already gone, I could see someone like Derrick being useful to have around to cover Lloyd and also versatile to play CB if required.  But August is a long time ago....Dasilva is here, Kalas too, and we don’t need Williams.  Still think we got rid too early and too cheap, but hey-ho.

Archived