IGNORED

Dasilva

Davefevs

Usually if it's pre-agreed in a contract (hopefully) then we will have first dibs even if another club wants him.  As long as Dasilva wants to come here, which I'm sure he would as he seems to be enjoying his football with a club on the up.

I'd expect the fee to be around £2-3 million that was agreed at the time.

I'd love Kalas to sign but I'd think promotion would be a requirement for that to happen.

On 10/02/2019 at 22:06, Agard Days Night said:

Without the ‘one of our own’ blinkers on - streets ahead of Lloyd and we should be doing all we can to keep hold of him in the summer.

Class act yesterday.

Lightyears ahead if Kelly...

We should pull out all the stops to sign him and Kalas if we're serious about progression.

8 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Lightyears ahead if Kelly...

We should pull out all the stops to sign him and Kalas if we're serious about progression.

Different type of LB to Lloyd.  They both have their strengths and weaknesses, but overall both are having good (better than expected) seasons so far  

Not you per se, but boy we are a fickle bunch. So many get carried away too quickly and were drooling over Lloyd. He has a couple of average games, makes a mistake or two and he’s now not good enough. 

Same witn Dasilva. He’s now far better than Lloyd, yet a few weeks ago he was too short, gets caught in behind, etc. 

Again not aimed at you....Just enjoy that several players are playing well and there is good competition for places. 

We now can play Jay or Lloyd at LB without feeling it’s weaker. They might have different attributes and one might be more right for one fixture than another, e.g. might Matt Smith try to peel onto Dasilva tonight, in which case Kelly might be the better choice. 

I’m really enjoying the good options available in several positions. 

The thing I find interesting, is that some people feel we are resigned to losing Lloyd, but in a good position to sign Jay, yet the latter is ahead the the pecking order for both club and country so why would a bigger club go for our man - unless they see him as a future centre back and therefore offers more versatility/potential ?

2 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Yes you’re right, Major.

Comparing two players who are competing exclusively for left back is exactly the same as comparing an attacking winger and a centre back who is being played at right back. 

Glad you’ve come to your senses .

OK , if you prefer , it’s like comparing Famara to Bobby Reid , both strikers , but offering completely different skill sets .

Just to add that although Kelly is selected at full back his normal position is centre half . 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Glad you’ve come to your senses .

OK , if you prefer , it’s like comparing Famara to Bobby Reid , both strikers , but offering completely different skill sets .

Just to add that although Kelly is selected at full back his normal position is centre half . 

I didn’t say Kelly is a full back. I said he is competing for left back. As he has yet to play centre half for City and is competing for the left back berth I’d say that’s fair.

Out of interest, how would you compare Bailey Wright with Niclas Eliasson? I would say Wright is better defensively and Eliasson offers more of an attacking threat. How about you?

39 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

I didn’t say Kelly is a full back. I said he is competing for left back. As he has yet to play centre half for City and is competing for the left back berth I’d say that’s fair.

Out of interest, how would you compare Bailey Wright with Niclas Eliasson? I would say Wright is better defensively and Eliasson offers more of an attacking threat. How about you?

He's played CB 3 times this season.

4 hours ago, Loon plage said:

The thing I find interesting, is that some people feel we are resigned to losing Lloyd, but in a good position to sign Jay, yet the latter is ahead the the pecking order for both club and country so why would a bigger club go for our man - unless they see him as a future centre back and therefore offers more versatility/potential ?

Yet Lloyd was the one selected to train with the full England squad, which must tell us something.

The fact is we have 2 terrific young players. Let's hope the one stays and the other joins permanently.

17 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Yet Lloyd was the one selected to train with the full England squad, which must tell us something.

The fact is we have 2 terrific young players. Let's hope the one stays and the other joins permanently.

I hope it wasn’t because they heard  he’d sweep up the dressing room after ?

2 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

I can be very defensive but don’t have much of an attacking threat these days .

9 hours ago, Bernard Lerring said:

That highlight reel shows why we haven't missed Joe Bryan at all. 

Dasilva would be an excellent acquisition 

The clip displays a lack of passing. Very little one touch, two and lots of dribbling through the first third. He overplays (sometimes). Joe Bryan moved the ball through the first third one touch if you like, two if you can, three if you have too … Its a different thing. If the future is about building through thirds there could be better acquisitions.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Different type of LB to Lloyd.  They both have their strengths and weaknesses, but overall both are having good (better than expected) seasons so far  

Not you per se, but boy we are a fickle bunch. So many get carried away too quickly and were drooling over Lloyd. He has a couple of average games, makes a mistake or two and he’s now not good enough. 

Same witn Dasilva. He’s now far better than Lloyd, yet a few weeks ago he was too short, gets caught in behind, etc. 

Again not aimed at you....Just enjoy that several players are playing well and there is good competition for places. 

We now can play Jay or Lloyd at LB without feeling it’s weaker. They might have different attributes and one might be more right for one fixture than another, e.g. might Matt Smith try to peel onto Dasilva tonight, in which case Kelly might be the better choice. 

I’m really enjoying the good options available in several positions. 

Agreed and Dasilva has two years experience on Lloyd too. We should definitely be trying to sign Dasilva but that doesn't mean Kelly isn't a class act too.

2 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Agreed and Dasilva has two years experience on Lloyd too. We should definitely be trying to sign Dasilva but that doesn't mean Kelly isn't a class act too.

I’d definitely try and keep hold of Da Silva on a permanent.

Unless we get promotion, I’d be very surprised if Kalas will be here again next season. We have more of a chance with Jay imo, which leaves a position available at CB for Kelly to cement his own.

Thinking ahead we could have something like this..

Hunt      Webster      Kelly      Da Silva

Love this showreel and love watching him play. He has a trick which he sometimes uses when competing for a high ball. Because he's got no chance of outjumping his opponent, he waits for the opponent to jump and then, when they're in the air, he steps into them, pushing their legs just a little bit so that they're off balance and miss the ball. He doesn't go far as to knock them down, just enough to mean they miss the ball or can't control it. I think it works because he's so short that he's leaning his weight into them low enough down to unbalance them without using a lot of force and without making it look like a foul. Really makes me laugh how he uses his height to his advantage!

And for whoever said he can't pass... I repsectfully disagree. He's brilliant playing little triangles up the wing and there's a couple of totally amazing passes in that video.

40 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Dropped tonight! Wowzers 

Rotated not dropped!

30 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Someone mentioned on here that with the physical and aerial threat posed by QPR it would make sense to have Kelly in there rather than Dasilva 

That was me ?

Archived