IGNORED

Winning / Unbeaten runs

Ian M

• Admin

I remember seeing a reply a couple of games ago that said something along the lines of our 4 straight wins was decent but not exceptional in the division and listed all the other clubs that had achieved that or better this term.

So I decided to revisit.

A win or draw against QPR on Tuesday would give us the longest unbeaten run of the division this season at 13. Currently tied with Norwich on 12 (not their current run which stands at 6)

A victory over QPR would tie us with Leeds for the longest run of wins at 7. Currently tied for second with Norwich.

It looks very much like we may be the real deal ?

• Admin
5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Think that was my post you're referring to. Absolutely agree that the run is now properly remarkable, and is proven to be more than luck. Yesterday was a well executed disciplined 1-0 win away to a good team in Blackburn. 

A Blackburn side that despite that defeat still sit 3rd in the form table.

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I said at the start of the season we’d be a slow-burner, but realistically we’d finish around mid-table, but gave myself a wide margin for error....6th - 16th.

At this rate, I’m gonna look stupid / more stupid!!

welcome to the club I will shift over one ?

26 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Think that was my post you're referring to. Absolutely agree that the run is now properly remarkable, and is proven to be more than luck. Yesterday was a well executed disciplined 1-0 win away to a good team in Blackburn. 

It was your post, and I questioned it. 

In fairness, you (and I) didn’t know it would continue. 

I think you were harsh to discount our cup wins, against a Premier league team and a fellow championship team, but granted, they weren’t league wins. 

Isnt this an absolute joy..?! 

19 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It was your post, and I questioned it. 

In fairness, you (and I) didn’t know it would continue. 

I think you were harsh to discount our cup wins, against a Premier league team and a fellow championship team, but granted, they weren’t league wins. 

Isnt this an absolute joy..?! 

Couldn't be happier.

I only discounted the cup wins because people started confusing league records with overall records. 

But honestly who cares now?

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Couldn't be happier.

I only discounted the cup wins because people started confusing league records with overall records. 

But honestly who cares now?

I had no problem with you discounting the cup wins, against a league record, although they weren’t cup wins against lower league teams, so I don’t think that saying “8 straight wins” (rather that 6) is over playing the point of our current form. 

Archived