IGNORED

Matty Taylor is a RED

reformed_red

The Red Cobra 

There was talk of cult players on a recent thread, i'm sure in the coming years he will be added to the list. The ingredients are there: the whole treachery against the gas (which alone guarantees his position in the pantheon of greats); the United assist on one of the most magical nights ever; the waspish attitude and wholehearted play; the super sub reputation....

There is more to come from him. Should we do the unexpected this year, I'm sure he'll be one of the reasons. 

Loves the ole' snakey! 

7 hours ago, Whites said:

Just spoke to my boy, it's not him! There is another lad who is Seventeen and even bigger than what he is! 

Think people may well be on about my brother who is the boy ball just to the right of the dugout facing the pitch, he’s only 19 but a big lad and I remind him every game that if we’re winning, slow it down ?

Taylor is great to have around. Ruffles the feathers of opposition players a bit like Wilbs used to do. I also liked the way he spent some time speaking to Fam straight after the penalty award. I’m guessing but I suspect that he was checking Fam was feeling confident to take it. I have no doubt that Taylor would have fancied it himself. However once it was clear that Fam was going to take it, he then made it his job - along with Kalas - to give Fam the space to focus, eg by pushing the goalkeeper away. No disgruntlement that he was not going to take the pen; just full support for his teammate. Brilliant. 

Archived