IGNORED

That Radar

Port Said Red

Paul Scholes on the radar now instead, with a win over Yeovil. 

Happy with this.

Wanting everyone to notice us is a bit, well, tinpot, a bit needy, I think.

The time to have some national attention is when we achieve something concrete, like promotion. If we ever manage this from this division, attention will come our way.

1 minute ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Happy with this.

The time to have some national attention is when we achieve something concrete, like promotion. If we ever manage this from this division, attention will come our way.

I’m concerned that after sealing promotion, automatically, that the attention might distract us from the Cup final..! ?

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Still not really picking us up..........................

image.png.e9853049ecfe28d067eae7b467e8fc52.png

What's I liked was seeing a Derby fan saying we won't be a threat for top 2.

Obviously forgetting that we are above them and the form team in the country.

Note- I don't think we will be top 2, and not convinced of top 6 yet. But there are indicators suggesting Derby are above where they should be, by quite a few places. Those indicators also have us in roughly the right position.

29 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Note- I don't think we will be top 2, and not convinced of top 6 yet. But there are indicators suggesting Derby are above where they should be, by quite a few places. Those indicators also have us in roughly the right position.

Personally don't think we will be too 

3 hours ago, Murraysrightplum said:

Genuinely a bit concerned about a cup run distraction. We saw how that impacted last season. I’d be content with a 2-1 spirited defeat to wolves where we show we can match them but couldn’t quite get a result (Hint to SL that we need to buy a real potent striker). Then go up in one of the automatic positions. Done

Nah - beat wolves and we're  a game away from wembley. 

24 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Personally don't think we will be too 

Based on what Sturny? It can’t be current form, which is what we’d normally use to predict any teams final position in the league. 

It must be your deep rooted love of BCFC and and the expectation of being disappointed ☹️ again. I feel it also but there is something going on this season, something we’re not used to. Something different amongst this bunch of players, nay winners.....breeding a winning mentality. Enjoy the ride.

30 minutes ago, Gakoe said:

Based on what Sturny? It can’t be current form, which is what we’d normally use to predict any teams final position in the league. 

It must be your deep rooted love of BCFC and and the expectation of being disappointed ☹️ again. I feel it also but there is something going on this season, something we’re not used to. Something different amongst this bunch of players, nay winners.....breeding a winning mentality. Enjoy the ride.

Tough fixtures (though we’ve recently performed well against tough oppositions) and Leeds/Norwich havning better squads. I believe those two will go up automatically 

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

I imagine it must be hard, currently, being a Derby County fan.

1. They are famous. And not very good.

2. They have Frank Lampard, who is famous. And they are about as good as the year before, and the year before that, and ... etc.

3. They have had one top class season in the past 15 seasons. And they, er, struggled, shall we say, being, and amongst the, top class, in that one top class season in the last 15.

4. In the past 15 years, they have had to sit and watch as "the likes of" Reading, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Swansea, Bournemouth, Wigan and others have left them behind - even if only for a short time - and done much better than them, at the top.

5. Now, "the likes of" "Bristol" are threatening their rightful place (5th or 6th, and cocking up the play-offs).

We should, kind of, know how they feel; it's how and what we were like in League One for many years.

3 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

I imagine it must be hard, currently, being a Derby County fan.

1. They are famous. And not very good.

2. They have Frank Lampard, who is famous. And they are about as good as the year before, and the year before that, and ... etc.

3. They have had one top class season in the past 15 seasons. And they, er, struggled, shall we say, being, and amongst the, top class, in that one top class season in the last 15.

4. In the past 15 years, they have had to sit and watch as "the likes of" Reading, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Swansea, Bournemouth, Wigan and others have left them behind - even if only for a short time - and done much better than them, at the top.

5. Now, "the likes of" "Bristol" are threatening their rightful place (5th or 6th, and cocking up the play-offs).

We should, kind of, know how they feel; it's how and what we were like in League One for many years.

That explains why the Rams keep bleating on.

• Admin
8 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Happy with this.

Or when we win the FA Cup in May.

22 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

See my 'note' 

Point was that they are in no better position than us to go for top 2.

They have better quality depth. More promotion motivation than us as it's their primary goal...

As it standards, yes it literally shows we are in a better position but there's still plenty of points to be played for

16 minutes ago, Sturny said:

They have better quality depth. More promotion motivation than us as it's their primary goal...

As it standards, yes it literally shows we are in a better position but there's still plenty of points to be played for

Debatable.

Based on what? Lansdown has said he wanted top 6 this season, which is also what Derbys target was. So Derby have the same aim but are more motivated? That makes no sense at all.

“With the size of the club and the quality of the squad, and how close they were, getting to the play-offs, you have to say we are looking to go there again,” said Lampard. “I have set my aims to try to get there, even though it’s a difficult league and we are under no illusions."

^Lampard talking about this season and targets.

19 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Debatable.

Based on what? Lansdown has said he wanted top 6 this season, which is also what Derbys target was. So Derby have the same aim but are more motivated? That makes no sense at all.

Indeed debatable, there's positions we probably excel in but overall I believe they do. Subjective of course. 

Based on a majority of things, If Derby fall short of play-offs position they'll see that as a failure. Whilst if we finish 7th I doubt many people will see it as the same. There's an obvious high expectation at Derby that every season they must tickle the top. If they fall from the top 6 like they have I believe they're thinking "we need to get our shit together"

Of course the chairman is going to say that, he's not exactly gonna come out saying I aim for mid table.. 

This is straying out of context for the top 2 debate though, I don't believe either will reach it and i'm sure you think the same!

11 minutes ago, simon uk said:

The op screen shotted the bbc website, which had precisely zero mention of us. I dont recall there being much of a mention of us in any of the main media outlets.

Been all over five live and talksport bulletins in the last two days. Johnson has invitations to come on shows coming out of his backside. We are all over social media constantly due to our run.

And anyone needs to look at the table and we aren’t under the radar.  

Archived