IGNORED

2 defeats in a row,can lee turn it around

joe jordans teeth

Two good teams made good the chances they had. 

We have not been disappointing in these games.....we've looked a little scrappy at times.....in the last two games we've failed to win the second ball and have been punished for it.

Still heavily reliant on going up the left...

But have played some really good football.....

I think that we will wobble.....but hope that we can bounce back against Brum on Tues

7 minutes ago, Neo said:

We will beat Birmingham quite comfortably (in terms of performance more than scoreline).

2-0

I don't think it'll be comfortable, Che Adams on the best form of his career, Birmingham being wins to have any chance of closing the gap on the play offs, they'll be up for it. 

I don't think there is a single game we can take lightly now, every game will continue to be more and more important. 

As confident as I am in the squad this year, I feared wolves would be the turning point like last year as eventually, the winning run had to stop and low and behold, it is happening. I hope LJ doesn't let the rot set in. Don't think he will help his cause playing people like Watkins who have barely featured over inform players like eliasson but in LJ we trust?

suprised given how well we have been defensively that we concede 3 today. Slight concern with Birmingham on Tuesday as che Adams is on fire and they are on form. It is a must win on Tuesday IMO 

1 hour ago, Spike said:

I don't think it'll be comfortable, Che Adams on the best form of his career, Birmingham being wins to have any chance of closing the gap on the play offs, they'll be up for it. 

I don't think there is a single game we can take lightly now, every game will continue to be more and more important. 

Bear in mind Brum have another motivation - if, and it’s a big IF, the EFL chose to deduct points from them regarding FFP breaches, they could be looking over their shoulder at the possibility of a relegation battle.

29 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

As confident as I am in the squad this year, I feared wolves would be the turning point like last year as eventually, the winning run had to stop and low and behold, it is happening. I hope LJ doesn't let the rot set in. Don't think he will help his cause playing people like Watkins who have barely featured over inform players like eliasson but in LJ we trust?

suprised given how well we have been defensively that we concede 3 today. Slight concern with Birmingham on Tuesday as che Adams is on fire and they are on form. It is a must win on Tuesday IMO 

On form..? They’ve only won 2 of their last 9 league games..!

It’s a must not lose game in my book if we are to be serious playoff contenders.  No need to panic, we’ve not played bad the last 2 games but need to get back to business as usual ASAP.  Just play the players who got us into such a great position.  Eliasson not Watkins from the bench and Pisano not Bailey Wright at right back. Nows not the time to over complicate things.

4 hours ago, BOSRed said:

To be fair, we've only lost one game since Wolves - away to the league leaders by a single goal after twice going in front

5 hours ago, General Zod said:

It’s a must not lose game in my book if we are to be serious playoff contenders.  No need to panic, we’ve not played bad the last 2 games but need to get back to business as usual ASAP.  Just play the players who got us into such a great position.  Eliasson not Watkins from the bench and Pisano not Bailey Wright at right back. Nows not the time to over complicate things.

If Pisano's fit I can't see how Wright would ever be the choice..laughable.

Lee should forgot the "Club Captain" bollocks & pick the better player.

This thread would never have started if we hadn't seen such dreadful runs under LJ, including the worst ever in our history.

It is going to take at least two/three seasons of relative success for many fans not to get anxious, even after only a two defeat run, and one of those against a Prem side and the other against a side which in all likelihood will be promoted at season's end 

Hopefully LJ has learnt his lesson and will kill off any talk of collapse with a fine victory Tuesday night

11 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

This thread would never have started if we hadn't seen such dreadful runs under LJ, including the worst ever in our history.

While some will see this as alarmist , it is true.  I really hope that , because we have broken so many hoodoo's this season , that we can pick up a win Tuesday just to get those thoughts out of peoples minds , and more importantly the players minds. 
A good performance, and a win, will set us up for another tough game Saturday. Which will lead us on to the next tough game , etc, etc

We lost to a top end Premier league side narrowly and scared the hell out of them then lost, narrowly, to a side that will be in the Prem next season away from home and were probably a tad unfortunate not to take a point. No panic here.

FWIW, I reckon we could possibly face defeat again next Saturday as PNE are absolutely flying.  We're a good side though as proven in the last 2 games.

We'll be alright. 

14 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

We lost to a top end Premier league side narrowly and scared the hell out of them then lost, narrowly, to a side that will be in the Prem next season away from home and were probably a tad unfortunate not to take a point. No panic here.

FWIW, I reckon we could possibly face defeat again next Saturday as PNE are absolutely flying.  We're a good side though as proven in the last 2 games.

We'll be alright. 

We have got to break that Preston dominance against us. I have a gut feeling it might be next Saturday

14 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

We have got to break that Preston dominance against us. I have a gut feeling it might be next Saturday

I'll take a point Barry, they are really starting to show some form and battered Norwich a couple of weeks ago.

Pearson is suspended for them which has to weaken them although Johnson will probably deputise and we know how well he plays against us. 

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I'll take a point Barry, they are really starting to show some form and battered Norwich a couple of weeks ago.

Yes you're right that they are in good form and may beat us but my theory is we are due some luck against them and we might just get it next week.

16 hours ago, BOSRed said:

Agree on the watkins comment the Norwich commentators were choking on the fact we payed a million for him

46 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

They really didn’t. Preston’s keeper had a great game and Norwich (like they did yesterday) had 23 shots. But I’d take a point for sure as they are on good form and we never beat them. 

59 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Pearson is suspended for them which has to weaken them although Johnson will probably deputise and we know how well he plays against us. 

Ledson is most likely to slot in for Pearson in the holding role, I think there's a chance Johnson will come in as well though for somebody else because as you say, he always seems to be quality against Bristol City.

Could be a very big game next week but less so if you win one of your games in hand on Tuesday.

Archived