IGNORED

Kepa?

Eastside Moonwalker

19 minutes ago, petehinton said:

What’s even worse for me is that no Chelsea player even tried to drag him off the pitch. No leadership from top to bottom. 

Yep. If there's strong leadership in the dressing room then they get him off the pitch, if it's even allowed to get to that stage in the first place. 

Azpilicueta, who's supposed to be the captain, claimed he didn't see it because it was on the other side of the pitch. I don't know who he's trying to kid there.

1) There is no way Chelsea will “sack” the keeper or even stick him on the bench for the rest of the season. He is an asset and they won’t financially take a hit on him, even if morally they probably should

2) Sarri will now lose his job - it’s been coming - but this public display of his lack of control is the final straw

3) Further proof if you ever needed it that CFC is a basket case if a club

13 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

1) There is no way Chelsea will “sack” the keeper or even stick him on the bench for the rest of the season. He is an asset and they won’t financially take a hit on him, even if morally they probably should

2) Sarri will now lose his job - it’s been coming - but this public display of his lack of control is the final straw

3) Further proof if you ever needed it that CFC is a basket case if a club

The players have been in charge at Chelsea for years. Shows the owner no longer cares, otherwise he would back the manager to take back control of the club.

57 minutes ago, Dubliner said:

I don't think Kepa should be sacked. If I argued with my manager I would be rebuked, not sacked. 

Arguing is one thing, over difference of opinion. That happens. Going against clear instructions and doing the total opposite... Good luck doing that in the workplace and getting away with it. 

6 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It would depend if he supported the manager or not. If he did, he`d sling the keeper off the pitch, if he didn`t he`d just hang around in the background egging him on.

That’s why nobody dragged him off the pitch today!!! Totally unprofessional by the Keeper. Sarri should have made him come off, however long it took. If you’re going to get canned anyway then at least go down fighting and do it your way.

Yet more evidence that Chelsea are a an absolute joke of a club.

What they ought to do is:

• stick that goalkeeper in the reserves for the rest of the season
  • in the summer sell all the senior players to the highest bidder
  • use the transfer ban to bring through all the u-21s they have out on loan around the world accepting no silverware for a couple of years
  • get rid of whoever is in charge of squad continuity that has allowed this to build up

What they will actually do:

• sack the manager
  • appoint a big name manager who doesn't fit
  • appeal to buy themselves time in the summer
  • bribe Hazard with 500k a week to not go to Real for another year or two
  • spend idiotic money on average players who don't fit the gaps in the first team

And I will laugh.

26 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It would depend if he supported the manager or not. If he did, he`d sling the keeper off the pitch, if he didn`t he`d just hang around in the background egging him on.

Yep.That is the way I imagined it.

I recall when John Terry was on MNF a few seasons back. He said that the dressing room was full of captains and nobody stood out of line because the team would jump on it straight away. If Terry was out, lampard, Drogba, ivanovic, cech, ballack etc would clamp down on any player lacking in effort / professionalism. 

To think that kepa now represents this club. Absolutely toxic that club. 

49 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Much as I dislike John Terry it would have been interesting to see what happened if he was still Chelsea captain.

If Terry had wanted the Keeper substituted, then he would have told Abramovich, who would have then told the manager to do it!

11 hours ago, Up The City! said:

It's a cup final that's broadcast around the world and both him and the manager made a mockery of it so they should both be charged and both banned.

Why should Sarri be charged and banned? 

Initially, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. To do this in a cup final should be grounds for an immediate sacking, and for Chelsea to demand the £70m they paid for him in damages. I also think that Sarri would be fully within his rights to walk out on Chelsea, and given the support he's received for this his stint at Chelsea wouldn't damage his reputation in the slightest. They are reaping what they sow by acting as a conveyor belt to world-class managers, and to be frank I don't think the situation there would ever improve while this is the case.

Now that Sarri has come out to say it was a misunderstanding, I'm torn. He claimed he wanted to take off Kepa because of injury, where the player then said that he wasn't injured and can play on. I don't want to call them both liars, but given how well Caballero deals with penalties the move feels like a tactical one. To make things worse, the fact that the captain didn't back up the managers decision shows an absolute lack of support. Sarri has nothing to gain by staying, but choosing to stay and to pretend everything is fine is making me lose sympathy for him.

1 hour ago, EnderMB said:

Now that Sarri has come out to say it was a misunderstanding, I'm torn. He claimed he wanted to take off Kepa because of injury, where the player then said that he wasn't injured and can play on. I don't want to call them both liars, but given how well Caballero deals with penalties the move feels like a tactical one. To make things worse, the fact that the captain didn't back up the managers decision shows an absolute lack of support. Sarri has nothing to gain by staying, but choosing to stay and to pretend everything is fine is making me lose sympathy for him.

Heard that today - don't buy it personally, think both are trying to save face. Arrizabalaga acted like a spoilt child and Sarri threw his toys out the pram. He's effectively finished at Chelsea. 

No other manager would allow that behavior. Rightly or wrongly he wanted to make a sub and the keeper snubbed him. No 1 man is bigger than the club.

2 hours ago, EnderMB said:

Initially, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. To do this in a cup final should be grounds for an immediate sacking, and for Chelsea to demand the £70m they paid for him in damages. I also think that Sarri would be fully within his rights to walk out on Chelsea, and given the support he's received for this his stint at Chelsea wouldn't damage his reputation in the slightest. They are reaping what they sow by acting as a conveyor belt to world-class managers, and to be frank I don't think the situation there would ever improve while this is the case.

He’s only staying to pick up the compo. I would do the same although I would also have called Kepa out and a few others to speed up the process!!!

Put it this way if it was me Kepa would be training on his own down the local park, after all it’s not Sarri’s £70m being flushed down the bog.

1 hour ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

At the same time if you have a good relationship with your player and he signals he wants to stay on and hasn't got the issue anymore surely you just put a thumbs up to him and carry on the game?

Not if you’re putting a keeper on with “previous” for saving penalties to try and win a penalty shoot out you don’t!!

Archived