IGNORED

Unwelcome People

Silvio Dante

38 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

That game against leicester in the fa cup thats probaly one of the best performances ive ever seen from a city player.

Junior had a blinder too.

Quite possibly my greatest game for City too as you've me to thank for the first goal. Poor lino didn't know whether his backside was bored or punched with the rhetoric I was giving him from the off...:"..forget the rest just keep your eyes on Junior." Which good to his word he did, thus missing Jacki who was so far offside as to be in a different county....

19 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Scott Partridge??

I remember him coming back with Brentford in a game around Christmas time. Have way through a boring first half a bloke a few rows behind me shouted:

"Oi Partridge! Get back in your f'ing pear tree!

Partidge even looked up and laughed. Never minded him since.

1 hour ago, Offside said:

Our style of football when he was manager was atrociously dire, and also his manner showed he had no affinity with the club whatsoever. An utterly depressing time. I’ll never forget the feeling of joy when he left (it felt like a miracle) and the celebratory atmosphere in the away end at Bournemouth in the first game after he’d left. 

Ok but really? He went and took Stoke into the Prem - and KEPT them there. 

We are still trying to even get there. 

Not arguing - just don’t get why he is so reviled. Plenty of people we’ve had over the years have played poor football - that’s why we haven’t got to the top level since Alan Dicks. 

Most unwelcome for me would be:

Cunningham. As has already been mentioned, there was his absurdly disrespectful goal celebration when he scored against us and that nasty incident when Flint got sent off. 

Tomlin - because of the very public tantrum he reportedly threw at LJ in an away game at Huddersfield. Very disrespectful. Also that horrendous penalty miss vs Burton    .

Flapper Phillips - pathetic gloating after the fewers last best us. 

11 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Not arguing - just don’t get why he is so reviled. Plenty of people we’ve had over the years have played poor football - that’s why we haven’t got to the top level since Alan Dicks. 

I know what you mean  - he’s had a successful managerial career and established Stoke as a solid Premier League team. 

It’s just that his time at City was a real low point in my time as a supporter where it seemed there was no light at the end of the tunnel. It almost seemed like he was trying to destroy us from within (not that he was - it just felt like it). There was one comment he made before a derby where it sounded like he regretted not being on the blue side. Things have been bad at other times, but even with SOD, depressing as it was, it felt like at least positive changes were being made behind the scenes. Under Pulis I always felt we were going backwards or at best stagnating. 

22 minutes ago, Offside said:

I know what you mean  - he’s had a successful managerial career and established Stoke as a solid Premier League team. 

It’s just that his time at City was a real low point in my time as a supporter where it seemed there was no light at the end of the tunnel. It almost seemed like he was trying to destroy us from within (not that he was - it just felt like it). There was one comment he made before a derby where it sounded like he regretted not being on the blue side. Things have been bad at other times, but even with SOD, depressing as it was, it felt like at least positive changes were being made behind the scenes. Under Pulis I always felt we were going backwards or at best stagnating. 

Thanks for the explanation Offside ?

i still can’t tune into the real hatred though - he was hardly at our club for any time to do any real damage - whereas Benny had a whole season and took us down. SOD almost a season and we were relegated. Coppout only lasted 1 (or maybe 2) games before leaving us, so any one of them would seem more worthy of our anger than Pulis, and who knows - he may have taken US up instead of Stoke(?). 

He must have hit a nerve though - to attract such hatred!!!

1 hour ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Thanks for the explanation Offside ?

i still can’t tune into the real hatred though - he was hardly at our club for any time to do any real damage - whereas Benny had a whole season and took us down. SOD almost a season and we were relegated. Coppout only lasted 1 (or maybe 2) games before leaving us, so any one of them would seem more worthy of our anger than Pulis, and who knows - he may have taken US up instead of Stoke(?). 

He must have hit a nerve though - to attract such hatred!!!

We hate him partly because he hates us and always has. Despite what anyone else says I still believe to this day that he was trying to destroy the club from within.

10 hours ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

That probably cost us the title that year as well as we couldn't buy a goal the last few games.

We lost 5 out of the last 8 games, only scoring 5 goals in the process handing Watford the league.

Watching Sean McCarthy waddling around the pitch at Preston on the last day of the season still boils my piss!

Strong cartwheel though

5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I share a link with Celtic fans forum . Very interesting I found.

http://www.thecelticwiki.com/m/page/Dziekanowski%2C+Dariusz 

Oh dear Major, sounds like this runs deep. I trust there isn't a hidden subtext?

Hoops fans I've met who 'know their history' hold him in the highest regard and consider the 5-4 one of the greatest games seen.

One wonders what the Major made of Cole? Recall him in the half season on loan utterly berating his teammates on the pitch for not always looking first to him in the final third. He was, of course, spot on. They were mere base metal to his solid gold talents and for the very reason he bagged so many in an illustrious career he wasn't afraid to let them know what he thought of their inabilities. Selfish, individualistic, arrogant and, boy, wouldn't we kill for that now?

50 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Oh dear Major, sounds like this runs deep. I trust there isn't a hidden subtext?

Hoops fans I've met who 'know their history' hold him in the highest regard and consider the 5-4 one of the greatest games seen.

One wonders what the Major made of Cole? Recall him in the half season on loan utterly berating his teammates on the pitch for not always looking first to him in the final third. He was, of course, spot on. They were mere base metal to his solid gold talents and for the very reason he bagged so many in an illustrious career he wasn't afraid to let them know what he thought of their inabilities. Selfish, individualistic, arrogant and, boy, wouldn't we kill for that now?

The Major thinks Andy Cole was a true professional who worked very hard to improve himself and has the medals to show for it .

I won’t add anything to my comments on DD. 

Another nomination for Osman - not only was the football probably the worst I've seen down AG (and that's saying something in the first place, surely), anyone who SACKS Jacki deserves to be hung from the bridge.

I remember him saying something along the lines of: a couple of flicks and a shot from 20 yards each game aren't enough.

YES THEY BLOODY ARE YOU MUG, ESPECIALLY WHEN THE REST OF THE TEAM IS PLAYING LIKE A PACK OF HUNGOVER CABBAGE PICKERS.

honestly, think he set the club back light years. 

And frankly, Osman's crew of Mitchell, Pennyfather, Baird, Robinson, etc can all go and do one as well. 

6 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

He got binned off by Stoke, went to Plymouth and did rubbish there too then went back to Stoke and took them up. No one can deny his efficiency but it’s only good to anyone if football that shit brings results, and for much of Pulis’ career aside from Stoke it hasn’t.

6 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

He got binned off by Stoke, went to Plymouth and did rubbish there too then went back to Stoke and took them up. No one can deny his efficiency but it’s only good to anyone if football that shit brings results, and for much of Pulis’ career aside from Stoke it hasn’t.

He did ok at west Brom. 

10 hours ago, poland_exile said:

Another nomination for Osman - not only was the football probably the worst I've seen down AG (and that's saying something in the first place, surely), anyone who SACKS Jacki deserves to be hung from the bridge.

I remember him saying something along the lines of: a couple of flicks and a shot from 20 yards each game aren't enough.

YES THEY BLOODY ARE YOU MUG, ESPECIALLY WHEN THE REST OF THE TEAM IS PLAYING LIKE A PACK OF HUNGOVER CABBAGE PICKERS.

honestly, think he set the club back light years. 

And frankly, Osman's crew of Mitchell, Pennyfather, Baird, Robinson, etc can all go and do one as well. 

I often thought Osman was very unfortunate when he had to sign the likes of Pennyfather and McKop. The board at the time gave him about 35pence to spend...and wanted change. 

1 hour ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I often thought Osman was very unfortunate when he had to sign the likes of Pennyfather and McKop. The board at the time gave him about 35pence to spend...and wanted change. 

I quite agree. I recall one of City's major pre-season signings being a midfielder from non-league Gresley Rovers, this for a club who were in the division we currently occupy!

Osman remained longer than the board wanted due to the Liverpool win. The board always wanted to bring Jordan back and gave Osman absolute peanuts as a budget. They were willing him to fail and as soon as there was a run of bad results the inevitable occurred and he was sacked and Jordan returned. Within days the board were sanctioning big, for us in those days, deals for the likes of Martin Kuhl.

I am no great fan of Osman, but fair is fair, he was definitely not backed by the board (who hadn't appointed him) and that isn't conducive to a successful outcome.

Archived