IGNORED

Preston's Record Without Pearson

BessexRED

Just been doing some digging as I spotted on another forum a Preston fan mention how poor their record is without Ben Pearson in their side (he gets lots of cards, his 10th booking of the season Saturday which means he'll miss two games) and their league record this season is as follows without him...

Sheffield United 3-2 Preston
Hull 1-1 Preston
Preston 1-2 Hull
Preston 1-1 Villa
Rotherham 2-1 Preston

Makes me a tad more optimistic about getting something at a ground we usually don't. Callum Robinson also won't be available either which is a bonus.

More confident of getting something here than I am Tuesday oddly.

Robinson has been out with a hamstring injury.

Ben Pearson is a dirty f****r, who plays the wrong side of “on the edge”.  Tackles with boot above the middle of the ball, very cynical.  Just waiting for him to be “done” by someone.  He is a good player, but I despise him.

The referee will be very important on Saturday.  Another Gavin Ward-type and it will play straight into their hands.

Sorry to our Preston fans on here, I don’t like your cynical ways under Grayson and Neil.  You have some really tidy players, and I don’t mind players that mix it at all, it’s just Pearson is a knob, and your players are instructed to play-act. It does your fans a disservice.

On 25 February 2019 at 18:49, Davefevs said:

Robinson has been out with a hamstring injury.

Ben Pearson is a dirty f****r, who plays the wrong side of “on the edge”.  Tackles with boot above the middle of the ball, very cynical.  Just waiting for him to be “done” by someone.  He is a good player, but I despise him.

The referee will be very important on Saturday.  Another Gavin Ward-type and it will play straight into their hands.

Sorry to our Preston fans on here, I don’t like your cynical ways under Grayson and Neil.  You have some really tidy players, and I don’t mind players that mix it at all, it’s just Pearson is a knob, and your players are instructed to play-act. It does your fans a disservice.

Ref is Jeremy Simpson

Hi all , should be quite a game on Saturday ! :)

Its fair to say we started the season poorly ( 5 points from our first ten and bottom of the league by the end of October ) and then we went on a run of 1 defeat in 10 but then suffered suspensions and injuries over the Christmas period and picked up I think one point in 4 games and we nervously looked over our shoulders at the bottom four , since the turn of the year and Maguire back , Pearson back , Browne fully fit and the signing of Potts , the partnership flourishing between our two young centre halves in Storey and Davies we have played arguably the best football in patches I have witnessed for a good few seasons ( first half v Norwich / first half at Millwall , QPR away , Stoke Away and patches v Derby ) and also at last we have a bench with options so all bodes well for a mid table finish , Pearson will never change his style / aggression but the vast majority of cards he gets are for petulance and this is incredibly annoying as he is the cog in the engine room that makes us work alongside Gallagher who has been outstanding  this season at 34 and I suspect we will have either Johnson with him on Sat ( very patchy but seems to play well against you ) or Ledson who is a very similar style to Pearson without the experience ( I think he will choose Johnson v you but could be wrong ) Robinson had been our best player until his injury in November and he won't be back until end of March / April I am lead to believe ... our away form is what has seen us rise from lower in the Championship to mid table and your form / position will mean a very tough game for us on Sat and I think any of the three results are possible but if we are to keep our IMO 5% chances of a play off spot alive ( based on who we still have to play etc ) then we have to win and this appears to have been our mentality in the last 8/9 matches - draws are no good and credit to AN who still believes a top six is a possibility 

Safe journey to all those travelling , we have actually cut down on the ' shithousery ' this season but if we are winning by the odd goal with 15 to go then we will revert to type and attempt to grind it out , its in the DNA of AN although we are playing some really good football this season and fans of Millwall / Norwich / QPR recently will testify to that , you have been built on a superb defensive platform and we are not great at home so you should travel with confidence but we seem to have the hoodoo over you but records are there to be broken - my prediction Preston 1 ( Browne ) Bristol City 1 ( OG :) ) 

Regardless of the result on Sat all the best for the rest of the season and if we don't sneak in and I would love us to but think its a huge ask then go and beat Leeds over two legs and Boro in the Final :) ......

Mortis 

Hi @Mortis yeah should be a good game- your form seems to have kicked on just lately, and we have been on a strong run albeit 3 1 goal losses on the bounce has stalled it somewhat. We were very poor v Birmingham, but performed well in defeat in the prior 2, especially first half at Norwich- second they took over no shame, and 2nd half v Wolves- first half they bossed, again no shame.

As I thought by your post,  my instinct that you've been playing a bit more football, more attacking etc since say QPR away for you seems to be right.  Therefore, I do expect a bit of a different game this Saturday- your more open approach will cause us new problems but give us more opportunities on the break too. I took a look at it and you seem to have been really quite dominant in a number of games from QPR away which feels new as I've always associated Preston since they came back up with being a counterattacking side.

Given our record at your place I'd be happy with a point but of course we need to go for all 3- as do you.

4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

How do you know this Dave?

Alex Neil told me ?

Seriously though, it is something that a head-coach will put in his players head as a team. When they need to break it up, every header will be feigned to look like a clash of heads, etc. Ref stops play, breather, regroup - repeat. 

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Alex Neil told me ?

Seriously though, it is something that a head-coach will put in his players head as a team. When they need to break it up, every header will be feigned to look like a clash of heads, etc. Ref stops play, breather, regroup - repeat. 

Why doesn’t every head coach tell his players to do this? Serious question, not looking for a spat! You seemed certain that PNE ‘are instructed by their HC to feign injury’ - or words to that effect. But your reply above doesn’t seem to support that claim.

If it works against all, or certain, sides why isn’t it a more widespread tactic? NW and AN seem to be regularly accused of this (without any evidence they have instructed their players to do so) yet they’ve never been fined or disciplined for ‘telling their players to cheat’....so no reason why others shouldn’t follow suit if it works...

14 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Why doesn’t every head coach tell his players to do this? Serious question, not looking for a spat! You seemed certain that PNE ‘are instructed by their HC to feign injury’ - or words to that effect. But your reply above doesn’t seem to support that claim.

If it works against all, or certain, sides why isn’t it a more widespread tactic? NW and AN seem to be regularly accused of this (without any evidence they have instructed their players to do so) yet they’ve never been fined or disciplined for ‘telling their players to cheat’....so no reason why others shouldn’t follow suit if it works...

Personality, Conscience I guess???

Some managers would try to get through a tough spell in a game by trying to continue to play, sticking to their principles. 

Archived