IGNORED

Kepa, Now This?

downendcity

The recent Sala tragedy highlighted the murky world of agents' financial involvement and control over players - n particular regarding transfer activity. Kepa's actions yesterday evidenced a complete undermining of the Chelsea manager's authority and the latest proof of player power in the modern game.

Now this article seems to indicate that a club and it's own medical staff do not have the final say in the fitness of their own player:

Neil Warnock has expressed frustration over Victor Camarasa after revealing the midfielder's personal staff are telling Cardiff City whether he is fit.

Camarasa has played only seven minutes of football in the last five weeks because of a calf problem.

Bluebirds manager Warnock says Camarasa has been absent even when Cardiff's medical staff assessed him to be fit.

"He obviously listens to his physios, his medical people and Tom, Dick and Harry from abroad," Warnock said.

"There's nothing we can do about that. I imagine a lot of Premier League players are like that at the minute.

"He's a very important player for us and it's been a really big disappointment.

"I've never come across the situation I've got at the moment. We're having physios and medical people from abroad telling us what we can do with him when he is our player.

"I think it's down to the player really. If you saw Sol Bamba's scan on his thigh, he wouldn't have played for the last six weeks, and he's been our best player.

"He tells me 'I'm all right gaffer' and I think that shows the make-up of certain players is stronger than others."

Camarasa has been one of Cardiff's top performers since joining the club on a season-long loan from Real Betis last August.

The 24-year-old had been a regular until mid-January, when he was substituted in the goalless draw with Huddersfield.

Warnock admitted after that game he regretted picking Camarasa because he was not fully fit, but he played 90 minutes the following weekend at St James' Park.

Camarasa then appeared as a late substitute in the win at Southampton just over a fortnight ago but missed last Friday's home loss to Watford. 

"We think he's closer to fitness than what his guys think, but then obviously you run the risk if you make him play and he breaks down, what are they going to say?" Warnock added.

"If these last two games had been life or death for us, I would have been disappointed if he hadn't played."

Warnock explained that Camarasa's staff spend time with him in Wales, while he is also treated by Cardiff's medical team.

"It's confusing really," he said.

"I thought he was fit 10 days ago but they said they didn't want him playing for 10 days, so that 10 days is up now."

This the tail wagging the dog and I really do wonder where it will all end ...................:ranting::noexp:

The complicating thing here is that it's not Cardiff's own player but a loan. If it is indeed the case that he has employed his own staff contradicting the club then that is obviously a massive problem but I'd assume, with our three loans, Chelsea have input on any substantial treatment or fitness issues in order to ensure their players are being managed correctly. I might be completely wrong on that, of course. 

3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

The complicating thing here is that it's not Cardiff's own player but a loan. If it is indeed the case that he has employed his own staff contradicting the club then that is obviously a massive problem but I'd assume, with our three loans, Chelsea have input on any substantial treatment or fitness issues in order to ensure their players are being managed correctly. I might be completely wrong on that, of course. 

Nope, you’re right. It’s totally normal in a loan scenario that where there is an injury, the player is assessed by the parent clubs medical team.

With Camarasa, this probably isn’t different from a lot of prior scenarios - I’d imagine having now lived in Cardiff for six months he has no desire to make the move permanent and is doing a Kodjia - if not fully refusing to play, only making himself available on the bench so he doesn’t get injured before he forces a move elsewhere/loan ends.

Its not right but it’s not unheard of, unfortunately 

Warnock would have known this was the situation when he signed. Now he’s complaining.

Strange quote about listening to Tom, Dick and Harry from abroad.  Quite the little Englander at heart. And who can blame the players medical staff after Warnock playing him when he wasn’t fully fit.

He’s not Cardiff’s player no matter what Warnock says.

14 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Warnock would have known this was the situation when he signed. Now he’s complaining.

Strange quote about listening to Tom, Dick and Harry from abroad.  Quite the little Englander at heart. And who can blame the players medical staff after Warnock playing him when he wasn’t fully fit.

He’s not Cardiff’s player no matter what Warnock says.

He certainly is. Had a rant about Brexit just the other day in fact, where the quote was in fact ‘to hell with the rest of the world!’. Quite the cultured man is Colin. 

Archived