IGNORED

Could Kasey Palmer be a Striker?

Denbury Red

38 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Jeeez.........:facepalm:

Don’t you realise just how vast the gulf in quality is between the Championship and L1 or L2?

Neither Elisa or Semenyo have reached the required standard as yet but given time and taking part in first team training they’ll both develop better skills. They’ll be up against Championship defenders in training and how they do against that type of quality is a significant factor when LJ and assistants make judgements on whether ready to make the step up.

More than that- Eisa career trajectory.

2012-14, Dartford National League, via a loan at Leatherhead. Isthmian League Division One South- oe about tier 8 in the football pyramid. 8th tier of English football.

2014-15, Corinthian- Level 9 or 10 of English football.

2015-17- Greenwich Borough, playing at level 11 and then 10 of Football's pyramid in this country.

Think about that- or those saying we should put him in should- that is a meteoric rise. 2 seasons/years ago he was at Level 10 or 11 of the football pyramid then putting him into the 5th-10th best League in the world!! Could do him more harm than good...can't think why we didn't put him out on a League One loan though, that would have been a positive next step IMO.

I think one of the reasons we don’t see some players go out on loan and get some games must be that we want to mound them ourselves, they don’t want them picking up bad habits? Maybe they can’t find a team who plays in our style, they can go out and play lump it up football but maybe they aren’t suited? Could this be?

On 28/02/2019 at 12:44, Mr Popodopolous said:

Eisa isn't ready IMO. Should have been loaned to a midtable or higher end League One club in January, instead we haven't really played him and nor have we loaned hm- it's a complete waste of development potential.

This is what bothers me, if he's really not ready then why did we pay £1.7m for him when his previous two transfer fees were both free transfers. 

I want to know what the plans for him were /are because the 17/18 season was the first season where he played over a couple of games and he went 23 goals with 7 assist in 45 matches, that's a solid statistic, so why is he now over half way through the season with only 6 appearances and nothing to show for it. 

If he'd been loaned out he'd at least be remaining match sharp but at 24 he's hardly a youth product. 

I genuinely think he may have been overvalued when signed based off of one good season in League 2. I mean if he wasn't then why aren't we using him? Give him the odd sub appearance, loan him out, do something as he's wasted at the moment. 

Archived