IGNORED

City v West Brom Live on Sky

Super

11 minutes ago, Olé said:

Does that mean it's an 8pm KO? (Asking for those of us who have fine margins to get trains after midweek games :facepalm: )

BAGGIES FIXTURE CHOSEN FOR TV COVERAGE

City’s home clash with West Bromwich Albion has been selected for live broadcast by Sky Sports.

The fixture at Ashton Gate will still be played on Tuesday, April 9th, kicking-off at 7.45pm.

It will be the club’s fourth Sky TV game of the season.

2 minutes ago, daored said:

Surprised more games haven’t been selected considering we’re currently in the top six and the games we have upcoming. Certainly thought Derby at home would have been 

Only announced up to 10th April

March 12: Reading v Leeds United (8pm) *

March 13: Nottingham Forest v Aston Villa*

April 6: Norwich City v QPR (12.30)

April 9: Bristol City v West Bromwich Albion

April 9: Preston North End v Leeds United*

April 10: Birmingham City v Sheffield United

April 10: Norwich City v Reading*

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Only announced up to 10th April

March 12: Reading v Leeds United (8pm) *

March 13: Nottingham Forest v Aston Villa*

April 6: Norwich City v QPR (12.30)

April 9: Bristol City v West Bromwich Albion

April 9: Preston North End v Leeds United*

April 10: Birmingham City v Sheffield United

April 10: Norwich City v Reading*

Presumably the asterisks are red button games? If so it looks like Boro away on 2nd April won`t be one that`s on that. :grr:

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Thanks. Still half a chance it will be then.

Not sure about the rule of thumb for red button selections - we didn't allow the Brum game as it was a rearranged Saturday fixture (although Brum wanted it red b apparently), which is also what Boro is. So guess it will depend on the 2 clubs? If I was Boro I'd say yes as it might reduce the away end for a ' crucial' game..., but maybe City would prefer a good following? Which is the opposite of the Brum game so I've now confused myself ?!

But actually the WBA would presumably have been red button anyway as it was always a scheduled mid week game.

26 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Not sure about the rule of thumb for red button selections - we didn't allow the Brum game as it was a rearranged Saturday fixture (although Brum wanted it red b apparently), which is also what Boro is. So guess it will depend on the 2 clubs? If I was Boro I'd say yes as it might reduce the away end for a ' crucial' game..., but maybe City would prefer a good following? Which is the opposite of the Brum game so I've now confused myself ?!

But actually the WBA would presumably have been red button anyway as it was always a scheduled mid week game.

There doesn`t seem to be any rhyme or reason to it but it does look to me now that the home club has the final say - if you go back to the Christmas/NY fixtures there were loads of Boxing Day games on but not ours v Brentford so we all thought we must be on away at Stoke on NY Day but we weren`t. I`m guessing we wanted more bums on seats for the Bees game and Stoke the same for our game (probably saw us as a bit `meh` for a Bank Holiday game).

As the saying goes, just take each game as it comes!

19 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

There doesn`t seem to be any rhyme or reason to it but it does look to me now that the home club has the final say - if you go back to the Christmas/NY fixtures there were loads of Boxing Day games on but not ours v Brentford so we all thought we must be on away at Stoke on NY Day but we weren`t. I`m guessing we wanted more bums on seats for the Bees game and Stoke the same for our game (probably saw us as a bit `meh` for a Bank Holiday game).

As the saying goes, just take each game as it comes!

I think it is up to the home team, but only 6 games are able to be shown on the red button... On Boxing Day there were more fixtures which is why some weren't shown.

1 hour ago, steveybadger said:

Yep, IPSWICH & WBA would have both been Red Button games. Really not sure if we will have anymore Red Button games now?

Archived