IGNORED

LJ to Fulham ?

Major Isewater

7 hours ago, Loon plage said:

He gets no more grief than any manager who goes on losing runs. He's doing ok now, so no grief that I can see.

I cannot imagine that Fulham will be interested in LJ , certainly not until the summer anyway, as they will be a Championship club again by then. Would they trust him to spend all that parachute money though or would they want someone with more experience ?

Quite understandably, his first loyalty is to himself and his family, and anyone who thinks he actually loves this club above all others is suffering from gashead syndrome. Whether its Fulham or anyone else with a better chance of improving his profile, he will be off just like any other manager.

Agreed. No more grief given to him than any other in my view. Even the greatest fans in the world were slating Daryl Clarke before he left and took no more than 2 games to start on his successor ! Sunderland fans have a habit of leaving in their thousands with half an hour to go and West Ham are quite partial to ripping up their own stadium to try and lynch their owners and manager when things aren’t too great.  As for Chelsea managers, their fans are the least of their problems as it wont be ,long before the players produce banners at half time asking for their coach to be sacked !  I think we’re a pretty well behaved bunch personally !! 

6 hours ago, poland_exile said:

It's all relative. Of course it's not on a same level as some more lively leagues abroad, but that has nothing to do with it and what goes on in argentina or italy or turkey or umpteen other countries isn't a benchmark that can be applied to a single club in Britain. 

My comment wasn't meant as a dig at our fans, btw, all entitled to opinions and i've certainly dealt out my own share of grief to some of our managers in the past. Honestly speaking though, I think LJ has had as rough a ride as Osman or Pulis ever got, which is crazy given how bad they were. Maybe I'm the only person who thinks that, and quite possibly I'm wrong! 

Certainly though, I don't think the crowd has ever really come close to embracing him in the same way we have some lesser managers and unless I've catastrophically mis-read the situation, there were quite a few people who desperately wanted him out. I might be wrong on that? 

And as for toxic... Maybe toxic is also going over the mark, but again, unless I've really got my facts mixed up there was quite a hefty tide of disillusionment sweeping over the club at various times during his reign, most recently in November....

I appreciate your balanced and reasonable response - as you say, all opinions count and lots of fans see managers, players and games so differently.....I just don’t think Bristolians, and those from around the region, have traditionally given out lots of grief to our managers, I think our manager/Head Coach position is one of the more comfortable ones....but, as I said, I appreciate your response....cheers

5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I appreciate your balanced and reasonable response - as you say, all opinions count and lots of fans see managers, players and games so differently.....I just don’t think Bristolians, and those from around the region, have traditionally given out lots of grief to our managers, I think our manager/Head Coach position is one of the more comfortable ones....but, as I said, I appreciate your response....cheers

doffs hat, raises glass in your direction; football would be crap - and this thread even crapper - if we all shared the same views! Likewise, appreciated!

cheers! 

Archived