IGNORED

Diedhiou - lack of cover

Davefevs

On 01/03/2019 at 10:58, Davefevs said:

Just want to pose a question.  We all have various views on Fam, from couldn’t trap a bag of cement to vital to the way we play.

FWIW I think he was more vital to us early in our change of form, and have defended him a fair bit, but of late I’ve seen better play from others to reduce my perceived importance of him, and on Tuesday night as a one-off game, I thought he was very ineffective despite scoring our goal...partly because of average service and partly because he was bullied.  It got me thinking about whether there is another option

Most if not all of us have said that CF is the one position we don’t have cover for the way we play.  You could argue that in CM we don’t have another Pack but that’s not for this topic!

What if Fam was injured, suspended (or dropped)!! 

Assuming we continue to play 4141/4411 type formation, what are our options to start a game?

• Taylor
  • Weimann (would need someone to play RW/RM - we have a fair few options!!!)
  • Eisa
  • Semenyo
  • Palmer (?)
  • Watkins (?)

Could Matty Taylor buzz around, being a pest, whilst giving an out-ball option when playing on his own?

Could Weimann get back to his early season scoring form, feeding off a rejuvinated Pato (or Palmer from the bench e.g. Forest away) in a much more cohesive team style than Aug/Sep?

Could Eisa or Semenyo come from nowhere to give us the spark, goals or both to send us into the play-offs?

I think Weimann could get back to early season form played as a solo striker.

Both our club and Derby have proven he doesn't really score many goals stuck out wide.

Played centrally, he may not have the height of Fam, but he's a poacher and he'll feed on scraps: utilising his extra speed to pounce on balls Fam wouldn't reach.

Fam - like a lot of big strikers - often tires near the end of games, and  if we are determined to play just one up front, I've often thought Weimann's best use is as an impact sub for Fammy on the 70th minute or so. Everyone's tired, and suddenly we introduce a fox-in-the-box.

On 01/03/2019 at 11:48, RobintheRed Red said:

For whatever reason johnson dont rate Eisa saw him get eight minutes at Bolton hasent had a look in since caused mayhem in that few minutes and toepoked one just wide looks like another Engvald signing got to be worth a try

Why are you confused we play weinmann and taylor upfront with fammy im trying to tell you Eisa deserves a go?the bloke deserves a chance scores goals likd semenyo you dont know what you got till you give em a chance

Archived