IGNORED

Marinovic Signed (Merged)

BessexRED

27 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Can honestly say I don't know a lot about him- does anyone else think it is harsh on O'Leary though?

He's had what one bad game, Reading away? Not done much wrong that aside.

I have never heard of him, and I suspect the only people on OTIB who have some intel on him are those who watch MLS or are Kiwis....unless he is one of those hidden gems in Football Manager!

Lots of people jumping to conclusions that he’ll come straight in tomorrow.  If he does, then I too think it is harsh on Max...unless the management team think he is a massive upgrade.  Even then, he won’t know the players, the system, the league, how refs manage keepers in this league etc, etc.

My gut feel is that he’s brought him in as cover:

• for Max initially - he could also get injured, suffer a crisis of confidence, etc
  • for Niki if his calf injury is gonna take longer
  • because JoJo is not up to acting as deputy yet - this is probably the main issue.

FWIW I don’t think Max had a bad game v Reading.  He conceded 3 goals and he wasn’t to blame for any of them imho.  

51 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

Welcome to Brizzle.

Appreciate what you are doing in welcoming Maranovic and I'm really sorry mate, but that's not right. "Bristuh" is closer to the sound we make?

Grew up in Bedminster/Southville and I never, ever, heard anyone make that sound. Check out Geoffrey Woodruff for a more accurate representation or the genius from Portishead, dear old Adge.  

http://www.wyastone.co.uk/geoffrey-woodruff-entertains.html

Sorry, I blame Derek Robson for this 

1 hour ago, southvillekiddy said:

Appreciate what you are doing in welcoming Maranovic and I'm really sorry mate, but that's not right. "Bristuh" is closer to the sound we make?

Grew up in Bedminster/Southville and I never, ever, heard anyone make that sound. Check out Geoffrey Woodruff for a more accurate representation or the genius from Portishead, dear old Adge.  

http://www.wyastone.co.uk/geoffrey-woodruff-entertains.html

Sorry, I blame Derek Robson for this 

Often Bristawl, no?

Very limited resources to go by, but seems a very decent shot stopper with good reactions but a bad tendency to punch balls he should catch and spills the ball into danger areas rather than out for corner or gathering the ball.

Could be problem against poacher who follows in on shots, I guess time will tell.

On paper he certainly seems to have experience playing against some big sides and top players - But a young (in gk terms) keeper with international experience on a free sounds like decent business to me

4 hours ago, mozo said:

Often Bristawl, no?

Emphasis on the "t" and either Bristaw or Bristau., definitely NOT Brizzle. As has been said, Derek who can't spell his own name (Dirk) Robinson to blame for this mishap.

6 hours ago, Grey Fox said:

Seems sensible to me, with Fielding out for the season, and doubts on Maempau's fitness, that only leaves O'Leary plus an untried youngster. If a proven International keeper can be bought in for three months , why wouldn't you?

As to O'Leary I think he will get the shirt tomorrow, then its up to him to keep it, he was great at Brentford, so see no reason why he shouldn't

O'Leary let us down against Reading

12 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I got a split in my thumb and I'm out fot the season. Stand up and be counted chicken English. 

I got a split in my chicken, so I stood up and counted my thumbs.

Archived