IGNORED

Crowd control v Leeds

Marlborough Red

2 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

He's pleaded guilty and will be sentenced this afternoon.

Hope he goes down, then he'll have a chance of improving his, lack of, boxing skills!

Exactly,that wasn’t a punch,it was a miss.

The Leeds fan who shoved Kirkland 4 years or so ago got custodial, the Brum fan was a thunp. 14 weeks is about right, but the clown is an unemployed urchin, so three square meals a day and avoiding soap will make him think twice.

FKTS 

The stewarding and overall 'crowd safety plan's were abysmal on Saturday.

Plod filming everyone at Temple Meads from at least 10am, stewards blocking the easiest way out of the Atyeo (down and to the end by the main stand) so that we all had to crush in the middle exit and then stumble down the steps in what is a horrible concourse. Lord knows what it's like with a decent away allocation.

But I suspect we all have experiences to share about policing and stewarding.in the main they're all brainless. Gold Commander at QPR the week before decided to scare the shite out of his mounted police horses and create hassle where there was none. I think you have to be a very special sort of person to plan policing for away fans.

4 hours ago, SR1 said:

The stewarding and overall 'crowd safety plan's were abysmal on Saturday.

Plod filming everyone at Temple Meads from at least 10am, stewards blocking the easiest way out of the Atyeo (down and to the end by the main stand) so that we all had to crush in the middle exit and then stumble down the steps in what is a horrible concourse. Lord knows what it's like with a decent away allocation.

But I suspect we all have experiences to share about policing and stewarding.in the main they're all brainless. Gold Commander at QPR the week before decided to scare the shite out of his mounted police horses and create hassle where there was none. I think you have to be a very special sort of person to plan policing for away fans.

Wouldn't that be to keep fans apart though?

16 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wouldn't that be to keep fans apart though?

At 10am there were more shoppers than football fans or youths that might look like football fans (and robo-cops with cameras ought only to be around in the event of high risk, not some football fans possibly coming in  to a railway station).

As for in the ground it may well be, but I felt it was slightly dangerous, especially as no explanation was offered so people were heading towards where they'd been able to go before and during the game and found a line of yellow blocking their way.. 

1 minute ago, SR1 said:

At 10am there were more shoppers than football fans or youths that might look like football fans.

As for in the ground it may well be, but I felt it was slightly dangerous, especially as no explanation was offered. 

Sorry to clarify, I meant in terms of the leaving the ground bit- filming just seems to be common place for perceived risk games, though it can set a bad tone I agree.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Sorry to clarify, I meant in terms of the leaving the ground bit- filming just seems to be common place for perceived risk games, though it can set a bad tone I agree.

They were filming from the front of the stand after the game, yes, but I can sort of, just about, understand that. It was forcing us down one narrow, rather dark set of steps once you were inside the body of the stand which felt dangerous.

Archived