IGNORED

Patterson and Weimann

Super

16 minutes ago, swanker said:

Paterson “ The Moth” flutters around and gets brushed aside!

Why on earth did he stay on the pitch so long?

Because the last time we played Palmer he was all tricks and no impact.

Pato has the ability to link the play, but the support he received from Pack and Brownhill tonight was non existent - they just did not make any runs for his link up play. He wasn't bad the team were.

15 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Pato,Brownhill,Pack and Weimann were absolutely shocking tonight. Didn't know JB was playing for the first 20 minutes and apart from his running the channels I fail to see what else Weimann actually does. Poor crosser and very rarely has the ability to beat a man one on one. Pato was poor and Pack was so pedestrian tonight that he never drove us forward. For a team that is already down they made us look like mugs with some of their passing around us and we very rarely won a second ball all night. Without our defence we would be  struggling more than we are now.

Got to agree with you. If one of them have an off day we can manage most of the time, but to have all four to not turn up tonight was shocking. They all looked totally lost, like they had never played together before and Weimann aside these have played together for a couple of years. We looked, tired/lazy and clueless, no spark, no drive and I’m surprised we came away with a point. We made them look like world beaters.

14 minutes ago, swanker said:

Paterson “ The Moth” flutters around and gets brushed aside!

Why on earth did he stay on the pitch so long?

Pato? At whatever level of football you have played or been involved in would have to be the star player.

The guy you turn to, to unlock a defence or that bit of skill that results in him striking that ball into the top corner

But sadly he's not that man . Can only remember two bits of game changing skill since he's been with us.

The goal at Sheff Utd, and the control then great pass to Fammy against Blackburn.

Then on minus side a player that avoids any physical contact.Then if his job is to close down defenders he must be the easiest opponent to get around as he sticks his token leg out.

Then when were on the Attack and he has half a chance 60/40 in his favour against a big defender only one winner.

He would not get near a side managed by Wilder, Sheff Utd.

Witch sums up the difference between us.

4 minutes ago, shelts said:

He has options . Both look leggy and tired .  

Who though? Nobody experienced can really come in for them in that position. 

18 days should have them fresh for the last ten matches, the lack of second balls won today was a clear indication of how them having to play every match this season due to injuries has led to their legs going. 

I imagine they will be given some time off, I can’t see them coming back as poorly as they have been of late.

2 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

18 days should have them fresh for the last ten matches, the lack of second balls won today was a clear indication of how them having to play every match this season due to injuries has led to their legs going. 

I imagine they will be given some time off, I can’t see them coming back as poorly as they have been of late.

Experience did nothing tonight . Palmer and Morrell , If we’ve got no other options that’s the managers fault for not creating any real competition . 

Surely Morrell couldn't do any worse and Walsh if fit. Like everyone say we need Korey back for the run in. My complaint is we were told we had strength in depth in the squad now unlike last season yet we are flogging to death the same players in the midfield, have no options up front, yet change the full backs every game. Balanced squad my ass.

My summary.

Firstly why start Weimann left and Eliasson right.  Ok, Eliasson on the right does work, but no need when you have Weimann.  17 minutes into game, they swap over. 17 minutes of being dominated by Ipswich. 1 minute later we force our first attack, and build into the game.  Not perfect.  Eliasson and Kelly link up well, so do Weimann and Hunt down the right.  Eliasson sets up the opener, Weimann hits the post (did keeper get a slight touch?), gets a left foot shot blocked and both players help create half-chances for the rest of the half.

Interestingly I think during that switch, Brownhill who has been playing deep alongside Pack (more 4231) shift away from Marlon and gets closer to Pato, who is being dominated by Chalobah.

Whether directly or indirectly from those changes we improve and for 20 minutes we look a bit more like our old selves, but our outlets are wide.  Nothing from Pack or Brownhill, and little from Paterson.  We end the half defending again, wasting a late opportunity to get the ball in their box from a left wing throw in....but I think our wide players have helped up back into the game.  So at h-t I don’t agree v Weimann.

I expect us to come out in the second half and keep the momentum, we are enjoying a rare 1-0 h-t lead no less!

The second half, we are back in 4231, and Ipswich dominate the midfield.  They are building pressure.  We need a change, our keeper makes a couple of very tidy saves, one to his left, very good (let’s not mention his kicking or Max).  We are struggling.  But no, we wait until they get the equaliser, we don’t switch on from a short corner, and Kelly unluckily sees a blasted cross hit him and go in.

Of course it’s panic then, get the subs on.  I know I work with his dad, but we need energy from midfield, Pack is unable to get around the pitch at any pace, and Brownhill is just gone, he can’t contribute at all because he’s knackered....why isn’t Morrell on the bench?  Paterson has a non-existent game (he’s allowed 1 or 2, he’s been much better since December).

Its a non-event bar a Brownhill screwed left foot volley....and I didn’t see who stabbed Palmers cross towards goal.

It’s another poor home performance, to follow Leeds, Birmingham and a lot of QPR.  4 home games....we were last good v Swansea.

The upside is we are 6th on goal difference.  The upside is we are 6th having not won in 5 league games.

The next two and a bit weeks are the biggest of LJ’s City career, because they dictate what happens in the final 10 games.

I’m still sat here relatively happy, but we are on the precipice.  We can drive forward, or we can fall away.

2 minutes ago, shelts said:

Experience did nothing tonight . Palmer and Morrell , If we’ve got no other options that’s the managers fault for not creating any real competition . 

Walsh and Smith are injured, Palmer more of a ten, that leaves only Morrell, who perhaps has been unlucky to not play. Don’t think he is really the player to get us into the playoffs though whereas we know Pack and Josh do have that quality.

1 hour ago, Super said:

On a night of poor performances these 2 took it to another level. Can someone tell me what either bring to the team?. Gargage.

Watching games ‘live’ gives you another perspective....you said you go to all the home games on here recently, but if you were there tonight you couldn’t have been watching the game given the number of posts you put on here during the game...you obviously don’t look up from your phone for very long....not saying any of our players played particularly well tonight, but you do get a different perspective when you are there and you probably wouldn’t call out just two players who didn’t look too good on the tv....

8 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

His many games into the final 10 of pretty much playing Sat/Tues, Sat/Tues, will it before Pack and Brownhill are going through the motions again, because they are knackered, and in effect are having a major negative effect in the way we play?

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Watching games ‘live’ gives you another perspective....you said you go to all the home games on here recently, but if you were there tonight you couldn’t have been watching the game given the number of posts you put on here during the game...you obviously don’t look up from your phone for very long....not saying any of our players played particularly well tonight, but you do get a different perspective when you are there and you probably wouldn’t call out just two players who didn’t look too good on the tv....

Guy who sits beneath me in the LS (in the back row of lower LS) spends all game texting.  His mate spends all game tweeting.  I do wonder why they go.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

His many games into the final 10 of pretty much playing Sat/Tues, Sat/Tues, will it before Pack and Brownhill are going through the motions again, because they are knackered, and in effect are having a major negative effect in the way we play?

Well you’d pray that we would have at least one of Smith or Walsh back by then, Walsh was warming up with the team against Preston so must be on the way back?

4 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Walsh and Smith are injured, Palmer more of a ten, that leaves only Morrell, who perhaps has been unlucky to not play. Don’t think he is really the player to get us into the playoffs though whereas we know Pack and Josh do have that quality.

You could be right . We will never know unless they are given a go. Pack and josh failed to get us to the play offs last year , I wouldn’t bet on them achieving it this year .

12 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Well you’d pray that we would have at least one of Smith or Walsh back by then, Walsh was warming up with the team against Preston so must be on the way back?

Bar an excellent 45 v Stoke, I don’t see him being any better than Morrell.

But LJ won’t play either of them.

6 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Morrell was spotted limping outside the ground pre-game which probably explains his absence. Sounds like Korey could be back soon according to LJ.

To be fair Joe has not featured in the 18 in a league game for a while (Forest 8 games ago, despite doing well in the cup).

1 hour ago, harrys said:

Eliason was as bad as any of them

I genuinely wonder if some people watch the same game as me.

He was the only creative player we had.  After he went off, we created one chance when Palmer did something. The problem was we didn't get the ball to him enough.  The decision to take him off was ridiculous..

44 minutes ago, Harry said:

Brownhill, Paterson & Weimann were all completely anonymous tonight. All 3 offered zero of anything all game. 

These 3 were by a long way our worst 3 performers tonight. 

100%.  Brownhill has been bluffing for a lot of games now..

I have been rubbished so many times for saying exactly the same thing about Paterson! he brings nothing, he should only ever come on as a sub when the game is won! Him on the team sheet means we are a player short!

But hey he is lovable LJ can’t live without him and did anyone else see Ayling kissing him on Saturday? Real love!

7 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Because the last time we played Palmer he was all tricks and no impact.

Pato has the ability to link the play, but the support he received from Pack and Brownhill tonight was non existent - they just did not make any runs for his link up play. He wasn't bad the team were.

And when Paterson did get the ball he either gave it away or fell over. It was him losing possession near the halfway line that led the the couple of corners when we conceded.  When he not performing he’s a liability!

Archived