IGNORED

Stick or Twist (Rebuild & Reboot)?

The Original OTIB

There was quite a bit of post match banter about where we go from here. It seems a fair few favour the keep calm and carry on approach meaning pretty much the same recent 4-1-4-1 starting  lineup and keep flogging the regulars. My own view is that we will probably drift to around 11th or 12th with this approach. The primary reason? 8 games in April. Also, one win in 6 and -2 goal difference suggests fatigue, mental if not physical (maybe both).

I think I'd rather see us go for it by going front foot, probably 3-4-1-2.  With the time between now and our next match, it might refresh the whole squad and engender a more positive mentality. Is it a gamble? Hell, yes... but I'd rather go down swinging and fighting. This squad and staff have done a remarkable job in getting us to where we are. I just feel that it is most likely to fizzle out without something radical.

6 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

Let's hope we stay with the positive changes for upcoming games. Yes, still a gamble but so much more solid through the middle today and more threat going forward.

It’s interesting.  During our winning / unbeaten run (and before that too) we rarely got exposed on the break or through the middle.  But since then, that trend returned and we looked a bit dodgy.  I think a good few of us thought teams had worked us out, they drove us square and wide...and then hit us centrally...Brum especially.  352/532 has its weaknesses, but does have 8 players centrally.

Archived