IGNORED

Tonight’s score watch. Completely unofficial!

REDOXO

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

But, as my post said, even when we were on that fine unbeaten run, there wasn’t much entertainment, it was boring most of the time and there was considerable debate about that on here at the time. Yes, we were getting results, but we weren’t being entertained...so, we were doing whatever it took, and whatever suited our players to get results - just like Cardiff and PNE - you say those two don’t provide quality entertainment....but neither do we....unless you feel you are being ‘entertained’ with an isolated lone striker with little or no support up there...

I never said we were, or ever have been entertaining to watch. Personally  I think it's pretty crap at the moment, although that doesn't mean I find cardiffs football from last season, or Prestons from this decent to watch either

6 hours ago, JBFC II said:

As much as their football gets results, it is incredibly turgid and is very much anti-football in many respects. 

I know some people would rather watch their side pick up points through playing boring football, but I go to be entertained, and warnocks Cardiff And Neil’s Preston don’t always provide quality entertainment...

3 hours ago, JBFC II said:

I never said we were, or ever have been entertaining to watch. Personally  I think it's pretty crap at the moment, although that doesn't mean I find cardiffs football from last season, or Prestons from this decent to watch either

Apologies, I must have misunderstood - in your first post (above) you said you ‘go to be entertained’ and you also said recently that you go to around 30 games a season I think it was? Then you said in your second post (above) that you have ‘never said we were, or ever have been entertaining.’

So, around 30 times a season you go ‘to be entertained’ yet you don’t think we’ve ever been entertaining...I admire your relentless quest to be entertained, hope it happens soon....

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Apologies, I must have misunderstood - in your first post (above) you said you ‘go to be entertained’ and you also said recently that you go to around 30 games a season I think it was? Then you said in your second post (above) that you have ‘never said we were, or ever have been entertaining.’

So, around 30 times a season you go ‘to be entertained’ yet you don’t think we’ve ever been entertaining...I admire your relentless quest to be entertained, hope it happens soon....

Ah so what do you go to city for then? Personally I go because I love the club, even when it isn't entertaining I'm not going to stop going as I know we aren't Barcelona. 

Of course I want to be entertained and I have been on regular occasions, however when we aren't playing well I'm not going to stop going, it may be completely different for you, I don't know. 

Really very little need to be so patronising is there? 

4 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Ah so what do you go to city for then? Personally I go because I love the club, even when it isn't entertaining I'm not going to stop going as I know we aren't Barcelona. 

Of course I want to be entertained and I have been on regular occasions, however when we aren't playing well I'm not going to stop going, it may be completely different for you, I don't know. 

Really very little need to be so patronising is there? 

Apologies again.....well, I have to admit, I actually enjoyed home games more before our stadium was redeveloped. Away games are still fun because they are a proper day out with the chaps, usually on the train and a great laugh, go to a proper pub before the game and then spend an hour and a half at the match bellowing out support and being proud to represent Bristol. But home games just seem rather flat now - I totally get that we needed to rebuild Ashton Gate to even think of moving on, but the atmosphere has got worse and I miss the character and quirkiness of our dear old home ground.

And meeting up with the guys before home games now seems to be getting later and later and we then trudge to the stadium - there’s no jaunty, confident striding, because we just know it isn’t going to be a great game, and more often than not we are right. It isn’t as much fun as it used to be....away games are a proper day out, but home games seem to be a duty now rather than a load of fun....

14 hours ago, JBFC II said:

As much as their football gets results, it is incredibly turgid and is very much anti-football in many respects. 

I know some people would rather watch their side pick up points through playing boring football, but I go to be entertained, and warnocks Cardiff And Neil’s Preston don’t always provide quality entertainment...

I think they play up to it vs us a bit- obviously that's when we see them, but they ratchet it up as a formula against us IMO but aren't always- well lately anyway more likely, haven't always been so dull or cynical all the time.

Archived