IGNORED

BS3 Parking

Undy English

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/insanely-dangerous-parking-forcing-people-2658728

Issue appearing in today's post following a non-official questionnaire sent by local politicians.

R.E. normal everyday life, having only recently sold my property in North Street, I thoroughly agree. George Fergusson's RPZ, a scheme put in place against the wishes of the majority, has ruined the area and will continue to do so. Streets are carnage - no hope if emergency services needed access and life is hell for residents trying to park anywhere remotely near their homes. I often had to park a 5-10 min walk from my property.

R.E. match days my sympathies are a little different, and not just because I'm a City fan. Anyone who buys a property near a football stadium knows what they are getting into. Whether you bought when it was a 21k capacity or the new 27k capacity, you have to expect heavy traffic and parking congestion on every other Saturday and occasional Tuesdays; take it or leave it. I knew full well when I bought my home in North St this would be the case. In my experience the long-standing residents of Ashton aren't the ones complaining either - it seems to be the new arrivals to the area who dislike the match day parking so much.

I have read the report. The moaning about matchdays on Social Media by some local residents has reached epidemic levels - so I was glad to see that roughly the same % think parking is a problem "all of the time" as it is on matchdays. One respondent even commented that the underground may resolve the issues in time. Bless them. 

Is this a Bristol problem?

I'll explain- mindset and that. I don't drive and I'm fortunate enough to live fairly central- a lucky situation I appreciate.

Just wondering how other cities do it...for example one of the cited reasons against an arena at Temple Meads was traffic congestion. Now look at most arenas...near train stations. 02 in London- and I appreciate their quality of transport pisses over anywhere in the UK- there is little parking on offer. Only in this city would an arena be put on Filton ******* Airfield (or equivalent obscure location).

Perhaps it's the same at all grounds (perhaps not London) and all major cities but feel it is pretty acute here.

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Is this a Bristol problem?

I'll explain- mindset and that. I don't drive and I'm fortunate enough to live fairly central- a lucky situation I appreciate.

Just wondering how other cities do it...for example one of the cited reasons against an arena at Temple Meads was traffic congestion. Now look at most arenas...near train stations. 02 in London- and I appreciate their quality of transport pisses over anywhere in the UK- there is little parking on offer. Only in this city would an arena be put on Filton ******* Airfield (or equivalent obscure location).

Perhaps it's the same at all grounds (perhaps not London) and all major cities but feel it is pretty acute here.

I used to work next to the 02, it has quite a lot of parking (we used to stand there in the cold during fire drills). Looking at google it has 2000 spaces.

27 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

I used to work next to the 02, it has quite a lot of parking (we used to stand there in the cold during fire drills). Looking at google it has 2000 spaces.

Thanks- maybe it wasn't the 02 I was thinking of then. Definitely a London arena with heavy parking restrictions around.

Still have a (possibly unfounded) gut feeling that other large UK cities have less issues in terms of parking, congestion etc.

Archived