IGNORED

How dare we ?

Major Isewater

19 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Can you give an example of clubs that have 'broken themselves' by reaching the Premier League? I don't understand what you mean.

Bolton.

Blackpool, although to be fair that's more to do with their former chairman than anything else.

Coventry, tenuously.

Can't think of any others though; not exactly "littered" through the league's though.

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

If Tetbury Massive is anywhere near the money, Maguire was about £2m and Gray was £4m when Cotts went on holiday.  I’m sure he’ll correct me if i’m Inaccurate.  £10m was never on the table for Gray....it was £6m to match Burnley.  Gayle (after we’d lost out on Gray) was rumoured to be £6m + £3m for promotion (so £6m ?).  He never wanted to come here.  Had we got Gray, then we may not have spent money on Kodjia.

Possibly (not probably) broken FFP. ?

We spent a fortune on loans for players like Hamer (has one good game), Moore (good But suffered hernia injury), Baker (good), Simon Cox), Robinson initially, then Elliott Bennett (good) after Fredericks went.  In the winter window we signed Gladwin (injured after 1 game), O’Donnell, Tomlin, Matthews initially plus Golbourne and then Odemwingie and Pearce on emergency loans.

That is a serious amount of money that would not have been spent to the same level had we got who we wanted initially.

Yeah more likely possibly than probably then- and yeah what we may have spent there we could have avoided spending elsewhere because there wouldn't have been the need.

Still not convinced we were in a position to spend it at that stage, whereas now more so.

Archived