IGNORED

@julieh

bs3

Yes I know it’s a well known law across the country etc but I still find it astounding  that in the same stadiums, it’s a criminal offence to drink alcohol in view of the pitch in one sport but perfectly acceptable in another!

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

Yes I know it’s a well known law across the country etc but I still find it astounding  that in the same stadiums, it’s a criminal offence to drink alcohol in view of the pitch in one sport but perfectly acceptable in another!

Okay, are we talking about now or when the law was originally constituted

In 1985, football was in a very, very different place. That law probably had a fair bit of justification then- and I say that as a critic of this and some other football specific laws and regulations.

Now? The situation, it's all changed- and that law should go the same way.

11 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

It is wrong, plain & simple, I agree. 

However it’s not likely to change whilst the levels of disorder amongst football fans far exceeds that of Rugby fans. 

10 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Okay, are we talking about now or when the law was originally constituted

In 1985, football was in a very, very different place. That law probably had a fair bit of justification then- and I say that as a critic of this and some other football specific laws and regulations.

Now? The situation, it's all changed- and that law should go the same way.

On a human rights level, I agree, totally. However I can’t think of anything worse than a constant flow of people leaving their seats to get a beer and then people say all around holding pints in their hands, at best, unable clap & at worst, thinking it’s hillarious to start throwing their pints over everyone at any time there is a goal (ala World Cup fan parks)

If people can’t go 45 mins without a beer, then there is a far more serious issue. Although I do resent the fact that the option isn’t available, I must admit. 

I far rather see Rugby fans also not allowed to, rather than see football fans encouraged. 

Archived