IGNORED

New Badge Poll

elhombrecito

New Badge Poll  

894 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

In a statement this morning, it stated on a survey 3.500 people were ask, where & when,? I wasn't 

@Redmycolour (and anyone else who didn't get it) you will need to go into your Bristol sport account and ensure the box is ticked to receive emails from City

55 minutes ago, Suffolkcity said:

47% love it or like it, which means over half are not sure or don't like it to some degree. I think that speaks enough volume.

If I was in charge of creating a new badge for a football club, and I saw a poll that indicated that almost 75% of the fanbase either loved it, liked it or didn't care either way, I'd be absolutely delighted. 

It's clear from discussions on here, both before and after the badge was released, that we all have vastly different ideas of what a good badge looks like, so for only 26.52% to actively dislike it, is a very good result for the club I'd say.

The original Robin/Bridge badge gave us a unique identity of our club and location. We are Bristol City - The Robins

The crest identifies us as Bristolian and ties us to the City of Bristol, just like the Cricket/Rugger lot. Okay fine.

But this shi*&y logo that the marketing team have imagined up/'designed' for us is a piece of s&*t and does nothing for my confidence in Bristol Sport. I wont be buying their merch.

It is tacky, dated, too close to Charlton Ath, Cheltenham Town's crappy logos

A lost opportunity that should have been fan led and voted for, but as usual, the BS office staff (internal concensus) know better it seems.

8 hours ago, LocoPal said:

The original Robin/Bridge badge gave us a unique identity of our club and location. We are Bristol City - The Robins

The crest identifies us as Bristolian and ties us to the City of Bristol, just like the Cricket/Rugger lot. Okay fine.

But this shi*&y logo that the marketing team have imagined up/'designed' for us is a piece of s&*t and does nothing for my confidence in Bristol Sport. I wont be buying their merch.

It is tacky, dated, too close to Charlton Ath, Cheltenham Town's crappy logos

A lost opportunity that should have been fan led and voted for, but as usual, the BS office staff (internal concensus) know better it seems.

It’s a carbon copy of Man City’s but red, I’m sure nobody would class their badge as dated. I think you’re just forcing it in to the same category as Charlton etc as they’re the badges we know/see more frequently.

In case none of you were aware, the badge wasn't designed internally. I'm sure the club had a lot of input, but the badge/logo itself, along with the branding around the reveal was done by an agency called Mr B And Friends, who are based in Bristol.

I don't mind the Robin part of the badge, but after finding out who created the badge I can understand why it looks like "market-y". Not to slate the designers of the badge, who I'm sure are very good at what they do, but most modern badges are designed by modern designers with little experience of football badges. While our badge might be a rip-off of others, I think we're the first in a long line of badge revamps over the next few years.

• Admin
33 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

In case none of you were aware, the badge wasn't designed internally. I'm sure the club had a lot of input, but the badge/logo itself, along with the branding around the reveal was done by an agency called Mr B And Friends, who are based in Bristol.

I don't mind the Robin part of the badge, but after finding out who created the badge I can understand why it looks like "market-y". Not to slate the designers of the badge, who I'm sure are very good at what they do, but most modern badges are designed by modern designers with little experience of football badges. While our badge might be a rip-off of others, I think we're the first in a long line of badge revamps over the next few years.

and there was me thinking it was Mr L and friends . . .

On a serious note they have a piece about being involved with the name change for the rugby club https://www.mrbandfriends.co.uk/case-study/bristol-bears/

The detailed, large crest worn by Atyeo was magnificent but after it's bastardisation in more modern times dumbed it down and made it indistinctive it wasn't fit for purpose, and had to go.

Any Robin is an improvement on the bland modern crest and while you'll never please everybody the Robin should be prominent on our badge imo. and this is a pretty good effort by the club.

The Robin is back, as it should be, pity about the lack of the Bridge.

7 out of 10 for me.

On 28/03/2019 at 13:25, Redmycolour said:

In a statement this morning, it stated on a survey 3.500 people were ask, where & when,? I wasn't 

It was sent out, I assume, to either all season ticket holders, or maybe everyone on the club database. On Friday 16th November 2018. 

8 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

The Robin is back, as it should be, pity about the lack of the Bridge.

7 out of 10 for me.

They wanted feed back , I wonder if they would be open to that tiny change. More of an addition really.
I also think the date is better balanced on this one.

E9F73EC7-E63E-43E3-B9FE-AC6372768F76.jpeg

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

They wanted feed back , I wonder if they would be open to that tiny change. More of an addition really.
I also think the date is better balanced on this one.

E9F73EC7-E63E-43E3-B9FE-AC6372768F76.jpeg

Agreed.

A couple of relatively minor changes, but the end result is far better.

Archived