IGNORED

Deleted goal GIF

Agard Days Night

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Seemed to be a lot of people suggesting cultural appropriation. I can still see the original tweet on my twitter app and the replies of which there are many saying it wasn’t a good idea ?‍♂️

What a load of gonads.

2 hours ago, TomF said:

Seemed to be a lot of people suggesting cultural appropriation. I can still see the original tweet on my twitter app and the replies of which there are many saying it wasn’t a good idea ?‍♂️

:facepalm:

Those people must have a great life, probably the same people who take the time to ring Ofcom and complain about the slightest bit of bad language on TV as they weren’t warned before hand, and now their 8 year old son is scarred for life.

12 minutes ago, Sturny said:

How do people know it was the gif and not the text? They may have thought it looked kinda stupid after 

Not sure why the hat would’ve caused an issue, didn’t we also have a reggae hat gif? 

I'd be very interested to see if a gif of Weimann for example in a kilt doing a Ceilidh would get the same reaction.

My thinking is no!

Ok, I don't think anybody at the club was genuinely being ''racist'', or even that it crossed their mind. My take on is that it was a bit naff, however perhaps(?) this might at least explain the issue in a bit more detail:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_appropriation

As with a lot of things bracketed under 'political correctness gone mad', it's a bit more nuanced and complicated than it seems. And as ever context is important. 

Cheers and COYR

13 hours ago, Wade Wilson said:

stupid that they actually felt the need to delete it

A good idea is a good idea forever.

13 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Genuinely LOLing!

Just an example of the laughs we have here.

How.

Can I just say I'm very offended that some people on here are not offended. As some one who has ancestors who were Native American...probably, I feel I must be offended on their behalf that someone has dressed up like that. Can I also ask that all fancy dress outfits are now banned and if any kids have Cowboy and Indian sets can they be immediately confiscated. So looking forward to when that happens and the world is a much better place. Rather than tackling knife crime we should be putting more police resources into this.

Archived