IGNORED

Which player has the most potential at the club?

tommydla

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Not saying he’s gonna be as good as VVD, but here’s a picture of him at 20/21....a little bit older than Lloyd is now.  Not a huge difference physically.  Lloyd at 6’3” has the physique and athleticism (and pace) to be a great size for a CB.  VVD at 27 is a unit!  Lloyd has 7 years to get there physically.

CA04C5A9-986A-405C-82B4-04BE94F19DC0.thumb.jpeg.759ee3f3a6a362c915119fab5823b5ac.jpeg

and I haven’t been OTT about his performances, just keeping things in check in my appraisal for a youngster playing his first proper season of men’s football.  I think it’s right that he’s not gone out on loan, as he would’ve missed this season’s 25-30+ games.  What it has meant is his mistakes are higher profile...but all in all he hasn’t made many that have led to goals.  He’s suffered in possession at times, but remember he’s actually playing out of position. He’s not had a loan at Plymouth or Cheltenham to ease him into the Men’s game.  People forget that.

At LCB v Assombolonga earlier this season, he was excellent, and was very strong.  He showed he had learned from the baptism v Clarke and Sharp v Sheffield Utd at the end of last season.

He looked good alongside the very impressive Tomori in the u21s....one of only 3 players called up from Championship clubs (not Prem loaners) with Dael Fry and Konza.  U21 isn’t for mugs.

Whether he goes onto full honours is too far in the future, but I do think he’ll play a good number of seasons in the Prem.

Agree with all of that. Athletically he is top class for a CB. Another thing, while Tomori was outstanding against Poland, Lloyd Kelly was the more of the playmaker and outlet for playing out from the back. Point being when playing with the best players outside the England squad he looked more than comfortable. All that and reckon he is bottom half of that squad in age too. 

Personally hope he stays at least one more season and at CB. I believe it is time for him to play week in week out championship football there. As said other CBs are doing it at around his age. Konsa, Fry and Tomori all playing big championship minutes this season there. He will make a few mistakes I am sure but I believe long term he is an England CB. 

19 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Just a bit more composure needed on the “moving ball”, sometimes a little bit on the stretch.

I recall a certain Robert Reid being criticised for snatching at chances before last season.  If Josh could improve that final strike / pass, no-one would mention Bradley Dack or Alan Browne.

I’m sure he will play Prem.

I think Lloyd Kelly will too.

POI it's only Bobby. His parents didn't name him Robert.

I agree about Brownhill. 

Archived