IGNORED

Warnock

Super

2 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

He did :laugh: plus a lot of moaning about being the underdog, all the officials being against him etc etc. Yes he has had success, but come on..  he's been a knob a lot of the time too

Understatement of the century there mate!

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Another one who doesn’t get it....you’ve attempted to ridicule Fergie and Warnock - the most successful Man Yoo Manager of all time and Warnock the most successful manager in English history in terms of promotions (eight) - media personas...very relevant in modern football....very well-rehearsed and carried out for a reason....they laugh at reactions like yours, cos it shows they are being effective...

Great manager indeed but surely you can’t deny he was a right cock towards officials.

Colin has perfected the art of making the underdog come through as a winner.

Like him or loathe him most managers can only dream of the success he’s enjoyed at several clubs.

I believe he made a pact with the devil ; a successful career in football management but I get to keep your eyebrows. 

A sacrifice you have to agree.

Warnock is in no position to complain about refs, when all his teams try to con the ref constantly.

No sympathy.

Would not watch city if he become manager. Long pretty unpretty football i can deal with. All the play-acting... nah. not for me.

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Another one who doesn’t get it....you’ve attempted to ridicule Fergie and Warnock - the most successful Man Yoo Manager of all time and Warnock the most successful manager in English history in terms of promotions (eight) - media personas...very relevant in modern football....very well-rehearsed and carried out for a reason....they laugh at reactions like yours, cos it shows they are being effective...

That stat is helped by the fact that he is old by managerial standards and has been a manager for nearly 40 years, but hardly ever in the top flight, where you can't be promoted.

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

isn't this simply because he's one oldest managers out there. Eddie Howe has had 3 promotions and he's practically half his age for instance.  

35 minutes ago, Big C said:

isn't this simply because he's one oldest managers out there. Eddie Howe has had 3 promotions and he's practically half his age for instance.  

Also factor in he never stays as a top division manager, the best managers end up in the top division and Eddie for example probably won't have a chance to build on 3 promotions for a while.

20 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don't give a monkeys if they're laughing at me (although I would seriously doubt they care). I just like people in general in sport to win and lose with a bit of grace. Neither of these 2 do / did and there are others who are much better at it (and are still successful). 

8 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

That stat is helped by the fact that he is old by managerial standards and has been a manager for nearly 40 years, but hardly ever in the top flight, where you can't be promoted.

8 hours ago, Big C said:

Both very reasonable points.....I just think that averaging one promotion every four years for nearly four decades is an admirable record...Eddie Howe is undoubtedly very talented too....he’s way more than half Warnock’s age though...Warnock ain’t in his 80s just yet!

56 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

I don't give a monkeys if they're laughing at me (although I would seriously doubt they care). I just like people in general in sport to win and lose with a bit of grace. Neither of these 2 do / did and there are others who are much better at it (and are still successful). 

Fair enough, I appreciate the reasonable response....

Archived