IGNORED

Steve McClaren

Lrrr

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

As with Ipswich, the problems at QPR run far deeper than the manager. 

Needs a complete rebuild from top to bottom,

their problems stem from the board room where unrealistic expectations come from as well as over paying of wages to aging pro’s etc

i see their position very much like ours was in 2012 

Potential FFP problems down the track too- get the feeling that the loan deals for Cameron, Wells, Hemed plus the free transfer for Rangel were perhaps the last roll of the dice to get back up- no more parachute payments after this season at a club already losing money...

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-financial-situation-220319

For the life of me, I don't know why he continues to work in the UK.

I still think he's a decent coach, but he's definitely no manager. This much is true by how he found success in the Netherlands, but fumbles a solid-looking squad in the Championship.

His stock is still reasonably high in Holland, so he should probably try to find a team over there that'll take him, or maybe even do a reverse Hodgson and try to find a top-flight club outside of the top five leagues that'd be willing to let him repair his reputation a bit. He'd be the ideal coach for a club with a sporting director.

5 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

For the life of me, I don't know why he continues to work in the UK.

I still think he's a decent coach, but he's definitely no manager. This much is true by how he found success in the Netherlands, but fumbles a solid-looking squad in the Championship.

His stock is still reasonably high in Holland, so he should probably try to find a team over there that'll take him, or maybe even do a reverse Hodgson and try to find a top-flight club outside of the top five leagues that'd be willing to let him repair his reputation a bit. He'd be the ideal coach for a club with a sporting director.

QPR's has a Director of Football. Les Ferdinand.

I thought he was doing a great job at that nasty tin pot club. He might have got them relegated as well if he was given a reasonable amount of time. I think he couldn't get his point of view across to the players, they all thought he was talking double Dutch.

He needs to find his true vocation like going on the stage with his brolly and doing a Gene Kelly "singing in the rain"

Really odd managerial career. Boro, FC Twente (first go) and a brief period at Derby are the only times when it looked like he knew what he was doing.

What's even more puzzling is how after a poor start to the season he got QPR just two points off the play-off places and then watched them freefall back down to just above the relegation spots.

It's like one and a half Lee Johnson seasons in just 7 months. Yeah, I know that's pretty mean on the back of one of our best league results for years but we have been a bit yo-yo these last few seasons. McLaren's brief tenure does indicate something very wrong at QPR and also what a great league the Championship is.

Archived