IGNORED

7 days to shape our season..

BCFC1512

Just now, Eastside Moonwalker said:

No better chance to beat Boro than tonight, they're playing terribly, fans want Pulis gone. Just hope it isn't a game where they throw 10 men behind the ball and we end up drawing 0-0 (I remember last season the Burton game at home being unbearable, they played this exact way)

A big team like boro, wont be sitting back against us, especially when they are at home

10 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

No better chance to beat Boro than tonight, they're playing terribly, fans want Pulis gone. Just hope it isn't a game where they throw 10 men behind the ball and we end up drawing 0-0 (I remember last season the Burton game at home being unbearable, they played this exact way)

Think you need to manage your expectations...a 0-0 would be fine. 

But no way will they defend like that at home, of course with four straight defeats  they will be desperate to win.

18 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

I would be delighted if they stick 10 men behind the ball and we get a 0-0 tonight! 

Not losing is objective number one tonight (although Saturday’s result has meant that wouldn’t be quite such a nail in the coffin as I’d thought I’d was going to be)

Adraw tonight would be great, added with our win up at Sheffield. 

A win tonight and we will be looking like very serious contenders, albeit with some very tough games coming up.

34 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

A point would not be a bad result. It keeps us above them and would make us three unbeaten.

I do , however, feel that this could be a good time to be playing them and if we show the same energy, courage and determination that we exhibited at Bramall Lane we stand a good chance of getting all three.

COYR

Boro are certainly beatable and we go into this game on a massive confidence boast after our win Saturday.

Be interesting to see if Johnson keeps the same formation as Saturday, personally be surprised if he didn’t. Also will he risk Smith playing three games in quick succession?

1 minute ago, daored said:

Boro are certainly beatable and we go into this game on a massive confidence boast after our win Saturday.

Be interesting to see if Johnson keeps the same formation as Saturday, personally be surprised if he didn’t. Also will he risk Smith playing three games in quick succession?

I think we will revert back to our usual formation, which has also served us well so far this season, particularly away from home. 

11 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I do , however, feel that this could be a good time to be playing them and if we show the same energy, courage and determination that we exhibited at Bramall Lane we stand a good chance of getting all three.

Or as Ron Manager famously described it - Cunning, Understanding, Nous and Tenacity 

This weekends fixtures will certainly play their part too:

City (7th) v Wigan (20th) - Wigan not in great form and we must have taken a lot of confidence from the game on Saturday

Brentford (13th) v Derby (6th) - Think Brentford will lose this and will be too far off to make the play offs - regardless of results tonight

Hull (12th) v Reading (19th) - Reading seem to be finding a bit of form at the crucial part of the season

Preston (10th) v Sheff Utd (3rd) - Sheffield UTD got it all to play for, can see a draw or away win here

Sheff Wed (11th) v Villa (5th) - Both teams in good form on unbeaten runs, I fancy a draw for this one

Think either City will climb back into the play off spots, or the weeks fixtures will reduce the play off hopefuls down to about 4 teams for last 2 spaces

1 hour ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

What a massive week this is now. 3 games imo 0-3 points we’ll drop away and finish 10-12th. 4-6 points and we’re right in the race wit villa and derby still to play! 7-9 points...... DREAMLAND!!

We could win the next 3 games and still finish 12th

we need to be consistent 

40 minutes ago, daored said:

After Weimann’s performance on Saturday ?

Agreed.  Also, Fam up front on his own with balls played up to him won’t get a sniff against Flint and co.  Weimann and others buzzing around far more likely to trouble them.  

56 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think we will revert back to our usual formation, which has also served us well so far this season, particularly away from home. 

I thought LJ said in his post-match interview (well, certainly the one I saw on City's youtube channel) that it was back to the usual for the rest of the season now, so I think you're right. BUT it may be a cunning plan to outfox that fantastic manager that Boro have. 

Weimann deserves to start up top. He's been played out wide and his performances have suffered. He gets a start back up top and scores 3 goals. I'd be disappointed if he does not start thru the middle with fam.

53 minutes ago, daored said:

After Weimann’s performance on Saturday ?

Yeah, I get that. I just think that LJ will value the team set up, over one players exception. I could be wrong, but don’t forget that we’ll be playing against a team that set up differently to how Sheffield United do, and we changed to counter their style. 

It will be interesting to see how LJ chooses to approach tonight’s line up & formation. Also depends if Korey is up to another game just yet. 

2 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Weimann deserves to start up top. He's been played out wide and his performances have suffered. He gets a start back up top and scores 3 goals. I'd be disappointed if he does not start thru the middle with fam.

On the face of it, I think most would agree, but not if LJ thinks it will unbalance the rest of the team. 

Possible that AW could start in the “number 10” role, instead of out wide..? 

57 minutes ago, City18 said:

This weekends fixtures will certainly play their part too:

City (7th) v Wigan (20th) - Wigan not in great form and we must have taken a lot of confidence from the game on Saturday

Brentford (13th) v Derby (6th) - Think Brentford will lose this and will be too far off to make the play offs - regardless of results tonight

Hull (12th) v Reading (19th) - Reading seem to be finding a bit of form at the crucial part of the season

Preston (10th) v Sheff Utd (3rd) - Sheffield UTD got it all to play for, can see a draw or away win here

Sheff Wed (11th) v Villa (5th) - Both teams in good form on unbeaten runs, I fancy a draw for this one

Think either City will climb back into the play off spots, or the weeks fixtures will reduce the play off hopefuls down to about 4 teams for last 2 spaces

think it already is 2 from 4 would be very surprised if not.

The win up at Sheffield has certainly restored belief that we can not only get points but do so deservedly against other teams near the top. 

Overall, though, I’d be happy with a draw tonight, especially if we can follow it up with a win vs Wigan (not that that’s guaranteed given our slightly dodgy home form). 

A draw would be a great result tonight no doubt but it desparately needs to be backed up with a win on Saturday.  Sheff Utd was an amazing win but all it’s done really is go some way to make up for the poor results from the Leeds,  Brum and Ipswich home games.  Win Saturday is crucial. 

1 hour ago, pillred said:

think it already is 2 from 4 would be very surprised if not.

With 7 games left I could see sheff wed and above climbing up to compete to the end. All the teams will drop points between now and the end of the season. If Wednesday beat villa they're only 1 point behind them. I'd say they still have a decent shot if they can keep form going 

Archived