IGNORED

Praise Where It Is Due

handsofclay

Great performance by everyone last night. We played for both halves in a fantastic game.

However, the greatest praise of all should go to the fans. What a cracking atmosphere we created and when WBA pulled back their second goal City supporters immediately responded with vocal backing. Tremendous. We could possibly have been forgiven for becoming mute given the 3 nil leads surrendered away at Derby and home to Sunderland in recent seasons, or even expressing our concern seeing that WBA are prolific goalscorers at this level, but no, we went on the offensive and backed the lads who were playing their hearts out.

So well done EVERYONE last night associated with Bristol City.

Given the tension and the game situation, that last few minutes was so loud, so passionate- was an excellent atmosphere most of the evening but that last few minutes will live in the memory for a while IMO- would be easy for noise to slip away and sit on hands nervously but instead the volume was raised, the vocal backing was raised and it ultimately helped us over the line.

Great last night though, well done all.

I sang my heart out in the Lansdown as I always do - (got told to sit down as always!). Approaching the noise levels against Swindon a couple of years ago. Drove 5 hours to be there last night but wouldn't have missed it for the world.  What a cracking season. 6 cup finals wish I could be at Villa. Always Believe!

6 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Great performance by everyone last night. We played for both halves in a fantastic game.

However, the greatest praise of all should go to the fans. What a cracking atmosphere we created and when WBA pulled back their second goal City supporters immediately responded with vocal backing. Tremendous. We could possibly have been forgiven for becoming mute given the 3 nil leads surrendered away at Derby and home to Sunderland in recent seasons, or even expressing our concern seeing that WBA are prolific goalscorers at this level, but no, we went on the offensive and backed the lads who were playing their hearts out.

Didnt make last night unfortunately, but the atmosphere came across really really well on the TV. 

11 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Well done indeed, the atmosphere was tremendous, the whole evening was electric.

4 hours ago, handsofclay said:

I've been saying for weeks this is what we've needed and what may have been hampering us at home.

That said... I appreciate the performance was a lot better than we've recently been exposed to and so you can still argue they go hand in hand.

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Given the tension and the game situation, that last few minutes was so loud, so passionate- was an excellent atmosphere most of the evening but that last few minutes will live in the memory for a while IMO- would be easy for noise to slip away and sit on hands nervously but instead the volume was raised, the vocal backing was raised and it ultimately helped us over the line.

Great last night though, well done all.

This has to continue, even if we go 1 down against Reading for example. Our support is fantastic on nights like this

6 hours ago, lenred said:

Didnt make last night unfortunately, but the atmosphere came across really really well on the TV. 

I wondered how it came across on TV. I didn't record it. I thought recording it would jinx our performance as pound to a penny I wouldn't want to watch it again anyway when I got home. And, if as it transpired, we did put on a performance I would like to watch again I knew Sky usually repeat the broadcast sometime in the small hours and I could record it then. 

Unfortunately, upon returning home, I discovered that there was no repeat broadcast. Well, not within 24 hours or so anyway. But the night will live long in my memory anyway. Great game of football. Hardly any timewasting. The physios never got on the pitch. My hands were sore and red from all the clapping.

Archived