IGNORED

Let's Take Our Pain Out On Reading

Curr Avon

I wasn't at yesterday's match but listened to the live commentary with frayed nerves, as always.

Yes, we were beaten by the odd goal. Yes, we were on the wrong end of two poor decisions, but we're still in the play-off places.

Keep repeating those last six words.

We're still in the play-off places, FLDC.

We're still in the play-off places, Pulis.

We're still in the play-off places.

Its in our hands.

And Reading will reap the whirlwind of our pain on Good Friday.

We're Bristol City, we always believe. 

With blood, sweat and tears, play-offs here we come.

5 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

I wasn't at yesterday's match but listened to the live commentary with frayed nerves, as always.

Yes, we were beaten by the odd goal. Yes, we were on the wrong end of two poor decisions, but we're still in the play-off places.

Keep repeating those last six words.

We're still in the play-off places, FLDC.

We're still in the play-off places, Pulis.

We're still in the play-off places.

Its in our hands.

And Reading will reap the whirlwind of our pain on Good Friday.

We're Bristol City, we always believe. 

With blood, sweat and tears, play-offs here we come.

Are we still in the play off places ?

Just now, maxjak said:

Surely everyone is aware?,  that the reason we lost to Aston is because we didn't wear our Purple and Green away shirts. Why did we play in White? We should be told!.....................Oh Yeah, and a appalling referee ?

It’s Purple and LIME! And apparently Fammy loves a goal in the white shirt, and as he scored after not doing so for a while that much is true. I guess the plan was to come away winning 1 nil with a Fammy goal. Well I guess it half worked and if it wasn’t for the homer Ref...

18 minutes ago, RedM said:

It’s Purple and LIME! And apparently Fammy loves a goal in the white shirt, and as he scored after not doing so for a while that much is true. I guess the plan was to come away winning 1 nil with a Fammy goal. Well I guess it half worked and if it wasn’t for the homer Ref...

For me, the fact Fammy scored such a good goal is almost as important as the win - it will help his confidence and may give him that extra bit of belief in his finishing ability.  He needs to score at least 3 or 4 goals before the end of the season, if we are going to challenge for promotion.

35 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

For me, the fact Fammy scored such a good goal is almost as important as the win - it will help his confidence and may give him that extra bit of belief in his finishing ability.  He needs to score at least 3 or 4 goals before the end of the season, if we are going to challenge for promotion.

Sadly the result has overshadowed his goal but when was the last time a City player scored with an overhead kick ? 

10 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Sadly the result has overshadowed his goal but when was the last time a City player scored with an overhead kick ? 

They are always great goals aren’t they, fascinates me how they do them.

I also love a player who celebrates by doing somersaults and backflips,  recently I’ve noticed Will Vaulks of Rotherham. Now he knows how to celebrate a goal, worth a signing for entertainment alone. I can just see it, Diedhiou overhead kicking them in and a Vaulks celebration ?

36 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Didn't Maynard hit one during his spell of scoring incredible goals from all over the pitch?

Sigh, if only he didn't screw things up with us at the end, would have went down in our history as a top player.

31 minutes ago, RedM said:

They are always great goals aren’t they, fascinates me how they do them.

I also love a player who celebrates by doing somersaults and backflips,  recently I’ve noticed Will Vaulks of Rotherham. Now he knows how to celebrate a goal, worth a signing for entertainment alone. I can just see it, Diedhiou overhead kicking them in and a Vaulks celebration ?

I like those celebrations as well but always worry that they may injure themselves in the process. 

The knee slide looks dodgy as well .

Archived