IGNORED

Balon G'urt

Dolman_Stand

Balon G'urt  

226 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Back to the original Messi Vs Ronaldo debate;

It could be argued that Ronaldo is better as he has played for 4 different teams in 4 leagues and has won an international trophy, which is something, to the annoyance of the Argentine nation that Messi has never done. Ronaldo has scored more goals, Messi has stayed at one club and has had teams built around him and his strengths.

Ronaldo is less popular because of his all around persona. 

So I would say it's a draw!

The original debate was Messi/Ronaldo/Other. However I agree there is little between the two by comparison and just comes down to who you like best and what weight you give certain attributes!

2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Vinnie Jones and Norman Hunter in the same sentence. Wow!

Did Vinnie ever play in the European Cup at all? So you are probably right there.

Hunter was class, hard yes, but he could really play. At his best he was the best defender of his era. Would he have been able to stop Messi if he was playing today, who Knows, it would have been a great battle.

I think Beckenbauer and Moore might have something to say about that!

2 hours ago, myol'man said:

Back to the original Messi Vs Ronaldo debate;

It could be argued that Ronaldo is better as he has played for 4 different teams in 4 leagues and has won an international trophy, which is something, to the annoyance of the Argentine nation that Messi has never done. Ronaldo has scored more goals, Messi has stayed at one club and has had teams built around him and his strengths.

Ronaldo is less popular because of his all around persona. 

So I would say it's a draw!

Actually, Messi has scored more goals, and in a lot fewer games.

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

I think Beckenbauer and Moore might have something to say about that!

Yep I guess they would! Particularly being compared with Vinnie Jones who certainly wasn’t their generation. But hey Messi would have them all for breakfast right?

23 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Who is the greatest of all time?

Maradona for me...pretty much single handily no pun intendend won the best ever World Cup Mexico 86

6 hours ago, simon uk said:

For me, the greatest player, in terms of raw god given genius level talent is maradona... yes he did a handball, and was crazy, but with a ball at his feet, hes the greatest. 

As for messi and ronaldo, both are sensational to have done it as long as they have, at the level they have

Totally agree.. the best player ever

6 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Not at all.

I was giving an opinion.

I know, you said Messi is the greatest of all time (which I agree with) but then said you nobody has an idea how either player would get on in different era. So the comment of "All time" makes no sense as you can't compare them to any other time (by your logic) 

17 minutes ago, Sturny said:

I know, you said Messi is the greatest of all time (which I agree with) but then said you nobody has an idea how either player would get on in different era. So the comment of "All time" makes no sense as you can't compare them to any other time (by your logic) 

I said it’s impossible to say how well Messi would do in 1970 and how well Best would do in 2019. That’s physically impossible.

I think Messi is the greatest of all time. If someone thinks Best is the greatest of all time, then I’m not going to argue with them.

42 minutes ago, David Brent said:

I said it’s impossible to say how well Messi would do in 1970 and how well Best would do in 2019. That’s physically impossible.

I think Messi is the greatest of all time. If someone thinks Best is the greatest of all time, then I’m not going to argue with them.

That’s fair enough, just came across like you were stating a fact earlier 

Pele.

He played same time as Puskas and was a worldie at 17.

Brazilians didn't travel so much when he played so his league would have been amazingly strong and he scored 1,000 goals I think albeit some against naff US defences.

Fantastic in 1958 and 1970 great on the ground and in the air says it all for me.

Archived