IGNORED

Officially over achieving

And Its Smith

It's difficult to come up with a satisfactory metric, though I would favour one that takes into the costs of the whole first team squad, including wages and agents fees.

Of course another, soft, measure would be to compare to fans' expectations. As I recall, the majority on here would have been happy with a mid table finish.

The question is whether to get a meaningful result you should exclude the minority who predict relegation every season. ?

23 hours ago, hoxton casual said:

How did Sheff Utd and Norwich get their strikers so cheap. I think Norwich was great scouting from Danish league. How did Sharp end up at Sheff Utd?

Pukki had played at varied times for Celtic, Schalke and Sevilla. Admittedly not a stellar record at those 3, mixed bag.

An inspired signing? Yes. From a lower level over last few years? Yes. Not quite an unknown as he's often portrayed though.

1 hour ago, Beni71 said:

This is very interesting. Wonder if the position changes when you include cost of loan players. Would imagine Kallas is a biggish earner but would expect Abraham and Hogan to bump up villa/Sheffield United costs

Hogan- waste of money for Sheffield United so far. Doubt he'd be in their top 10 appearances since he joined, let alone August.

His wages £40k per week or are they higher?

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Pukki had played at varied times for Celtic, Schalke and Sevilla. Admittedly not a stellar record at those 3, mixed bag.

An inspired signing? Yes. From a lower level over last few years? Yes. Not quite an unknown as he's often portrayed though.

I would envisage it’s about £40k, lot of money for the bench but a good option. I would like him at City as I think he would suit our style and his movement is an upgrade on anything we have in the squad. Think he is suited at a smaller club

38 minutes ago, Beni71 said:

I would envisage it’s about £40k, lot of money for the bench but a good option. I would like him at City as I think he would suit our style and his movement is an upgrade on anything we have in the squad. Think he is suited at a smaller club

Hogan?

I mean injuries may have ruined him...or at least diminished him.

Really not done a lot at Sheffield United- admittedly not a lot of game time but McGoldrick and Sharp pretty hard to shift.

Madine perhaps brought something fundamentally different hence his decent impact there.

He should definitely be worthy of consideration though.

On 19/04/2019 at 10:34, hodge said:

Thing is in the premier league version of this everyone on social media is praising Warnock for doing such a great job with a team that cost £13m compared to everyone else, but he has players like Bobby who cost £10m alone on the bench. This excludes expensive players who aren't part of the most regular 10.

Bear in mind also that Cardiff bought a striker for £15m but then refused to pay for him! 

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hogan?

I mean injuries may have ruined him...or at least diminished him.

Really not done a lot at Sheffield United- admittedly not a lot of game time but McGoldrick and Sharp pretty hard to shift.

Madine perhaps brought something fundamentally different hence his decent impact there.

He should definitely be worthy of consideration though.

Yep, Hogan.

His injury record isn’t great and since his move to Villa/Sheffield United limited games and minutes. Would be a risk signing given wages.

19 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Do you know the source? Not knocking you sharing it, but so many ‘lists’ are shared with no basis in any credible evidence...cheers

Pretty sure others have shared it on twitter, not sure this is the original source but working for BBC you'd hope they'd trust the source if from somewhere else

https://twitter.com/danielstorey85/status/1118062655393214466

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Pretty sure others have shared it on twitter, not sure this is the original source but working for BBC you'd hope they'd trust the source if from somewhere else

Thanks Hodge - but that link seems to just show a list involving premier league clubs? Apologies if I’ve misunderstood...

5 hours ago, hodge said:

If the source was indeed Daniel Storey it would certainly be trustworthy. Former deputy editor of Football 365, former FSF football writer of the year and a regular on James Richardson's Totally Football Show podcast.

On 20/04/2019 at 20:56, Beni71 said:

Yep, Hogan.

His injury record isn’t great and since his move to Villa/Sheffield United limited games and minutes. Would be a risk signing given wages.

A risk for sure- injuries have diminished him but he could have brought something different to the table too. Hard one.

Archived